Bloomington, IL

Posted April 29, 2013
I have participated on several committees at St. Mary's School. I am very impressed with the opportunities the school provides. More than 50% of the teachers have a master's degree or greater. The student's test scores are amazing. The caring attitude and welcoming environment is intentionally fostered and recognized the moment you walk in the door. It is a wonderful place.

St Mary School 2

Posted February 17, 2013
This school is agreat school until they hired Mark csanda he is the principal and has brought this school down many parents have left because of him not sure if father Ric looks into some of problems that happen at this school but I would suggest he follow up and ask them why they left .On a good note the teachers are wonderful and kind hearted.

Posted May 15, 2012
St. Mary's is probably the best catholic school in town. The interaction between students and teachers is awesome. The morning prayer assembly really sets the tone for the day. The older kids are prayer partners with the younger kids, which really helps everyone get to know each other. Overall we are so blessed that we chose this school for our kid

Posted May 15, 2012
My child has been at SMS for eight years now and loves it very much. My child has mild special needs and the school has always been very accommodating. The current principal has completely turned things around in the past couple of years for the better in my opinion. SMS is like a large family and the love you feel is very apparent the minute you walk through the doors.

Posted May 15, 2012
St. Mary's school has been a real blessing for our family! We have two very spirited boys and they have done everything in their power to help them. No, they are not a public school with the services for special needs children, which only a big district can provide. They don't pretend to be. They want every child to succeed, and not every child can do that in a private school. Period. With no state funding, their hands can be tied. What they do provide is TONS of love for their children, high academic and behavioral expectations, and spiritual growth, just to name a few. Last year we pulled one of our children from the school, but he needed more than SMS could provide; At NO fault of theirs. Our 8th grader has been there for 5 years, and he would be lost in any other setting. He has tripled (and then some) in development at St. Mary's!! I would recommend St. Mary's above and beyond, over and over. St. Mary's is as good as they come as far as I'm concerned, and I challenge any school to be flawless in their methods.

Posted May 14, 2012
WE LOVE ST. MARY'S! We have had 3 children attend St. Mary's since we moved to Bloomington in 1998 and can't say enough about the attention and Catholic values they have received at St. Mary's. They have received an outstanding education from teachers who care, and have participated in service activities such as our community soup kitchen, blood drives and our Chili Cook-Off. A wide variety of learning styles, as well as diverse cultures, create a unique and one of a kind learning atmosphere rooted in morals we all value. All students and families matter at St. Mary's, it's a great educational experience.

Posted May 14, 2012
This school is hands down the best Catholic grade school in the area. Children that come out of this school are kind, respectful and compassionate. Teachers are very attentive to individual needs and have a genuine care and concern for each student. I wouldn't consider having my children attend any other school!

Posted May 14, 2012
I have been a St. Mary's school for the past 9 years. One of my students will be graduating from 8th grade this year. I came from another School here in the area and have to say this is the best Catholic school and Parish I have attended. I love the small classroom atmosphere and how the teachers take each studen'ts own learning needs into consideration. The teachers and staff treat each student as if they were their own. The encouragement received from the principal down to the student makes this school a truly special place and I have felt that from the moment I walked in the doors. I have blessed to be a part of St Mary's Family.

Posted May 14, 2012
Teachers at St. Mary's go above and beyond. With smaller class sizes, teachers are able to teach to each individual child and help to develop their strengths as well as help them to overcome obstacles.

St Mary School 3

Posted May 14, 2012
We thought SMS was a GREAT school until we experinced conflict with two teachers. Our multiple attempts to express our concerns were not welcomed at all by the principal. On the positive side, the school has a very strong family support and small class sizes.

St Mary School