Bad
Good

This is my first year working in a school and I was very nervous and not sure what to expect...but I have grown comfortable and in love fast! All the teachers made me feel so welcome and do a great job teaching, inspiring, and educating kids! When I was growing up, I was always so intimidated by my principal, but here all the kids are excited to greet and talk to him daily and are received with such warm, caring attention! He is awesome, but also has a stern, down-to-business side appropriate for discipline! Of course there are some problems-no school is perfect, but the problems and behaviors are nothing that I have heard at other schools. I'm glad I don't work at some of those schools-I wouldn't know how to handle myself!

Awesome teachers. They really care about the kids. I love Bent Elementary. My kids did as well.

Our boys are in 1st and 2nd grade at Bent. It's their first year in a city school after starting elementary school in a very, very small school out in the county. We have been absolutely delighted with Bent! We love the small school feeling in a neighborhood setting. The teachers are wonderful, particularly the 1st grade teacher. The school seems very organized and I rarely hear of behavior problems from my kids.

My daughter is reading above grade level. She also brings home fabulous art projects. She has a lot of school pride - which can only come from great teachers and students. My favorite aspect of Bent is the fruit and vegetable snack program where they get a snack each day. It helps reinforce healthy eating at home...and she's learned to love food she previously thought she didn't like - mushrooms, for example.

With two children at Bent Elementary, I can't say I've had a bad experience yet. My girls are happy students, and love going to school each day. The teachers are first rate, and the other school staff are too!

We have 2 students, in 4th and 5th grades, at Bent School, who have gone there since kindergarten. Our experience has been very good. I am especially impressed with the teaching staff at Bent. They teach a very diverse group of kids from multiple ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds, and they do their best to challenge individual children to achieve their own potential. And they teach these children about being respectful, responsible individuals, which is critical at the grade school level. Extracurricular activities are plentiful for this age group. We are proud to be a Bent School family!

Bent has changed over the years and not for the better. If it wasn't for the secretary Joann - the school would complete go down hill. Very disappointed in the school and some of the teachers.

My son started kindergarten in the fall of 2006, and not only does my son love this school. We love it to. His teacher and all the other teachers are wonderful. They are very knowledgeable and the school has so much to offer. I would recommend this school to anyone!

We 1 son enrolled at Bent Elementary. Our previous experience had been with a private school. We have been amazed with the curriculum, teachers, and learning environment at the school. The administration and teachers work together very well. Behavior is in check. Kids are able to learn in a variety of ways. The extra activities certainly offer a variety of additional learning opportunities. The PTO is extremely supportive and very involved.

I would give Bent School a very high score. The academic programs are great and the parent invovement is wonderful. The music,art,and other activities are wonderful

Last modified Bent Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.