Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 20, 2015
I would like to thank multiple staff members of Irving Elementary. Thank you! To the nurse, who is so kind and caring, who always asks about my children, and who gives me a friendly hug every time she sees me. To the principal, who works very hard every day and goes out of her way to make sure my child and every other child is getting what they need, and for greeting everyone with a kind word and a smile. To every teacher my son has had, for their patience, gentleness, and encouragement, and for giving so much time and attention to my son, and for going above and beyond to ensure my son and all of the other students are comfortable and happy, and getting the most out of each school day. To the counselor, who is always cheerful and who devotes her life to giving guidance, support, and genuine care to every child in the school with a heartfelt smile and a loving spirit. And to all of the staff members, who always smile and say hello and make Irving a warm and welcoming place to be! You've all truly touched the lives of both me and my son. We couldn't have done it without such care and devotion from all of them! Their passion for children and teaching shine out and make Irving a wonderful place! So again, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!!!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 18, 2015
Mr. Johnson began a boys program in our school called Elevate. The program helps our young men demonstrate leadership skills. He works with community members to provide an uplifting atmosphere and opportunities to help instill character and creativity. Thank you Mr. Johnson for your extra time and efforts!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 18, 2015
Our teachers work hard to differentiate lessons to address all student learners. They support and assist those with varying needs and challenge those who are ready for more.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 18, 2015
In most grades, homework is assigned to help maintain skills but still allow time for families and activities.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
Encouragement of students to do their best can be seen throughout the school by teachers and other staff members.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
Teachers demonstrate and model respect to students. Positive supports are in place to reinforce respectful behavior.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
Many of the social skill lessons focus on empathy and compassion. In addition to lessons, we encourage students to participate in causes to help others in our school and community.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
Our school has character building lessons daily as part of morning assembly. Opportunities are also provided for additional support in these areas through social skills lessons.

Irving Elementary School 5

Posted November 18, 2015
I have taught at Irving for 28 years. I love how our staff supports each other and I love our students! Every day is a new challenge and a new blessing that I wouldn't trade for any place else.

Irving Elementary School 5

Posted October 04, 2012
Irving staff are dedicated and amazing at the job they do educating our children. I have in four years and 12 teachers later still love this school. Our principle is wonderful and fair as well. She is always looking out for the childs best interest. She also truly values her parents opinions too.

602 West Jackson St, Bloomington, IL  61701
Last modified Irving Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.