Bloomington, IL

Posted August 04, 2011
This school is wonderful!!! Teachers exceptional, principal is a true leader and is very involved in everything.. Communication with parents is very exceptional. Principal and teachers go above and beyond for every student!! Best elementary school in Bloomington

Oakland Elementary School 1

Posted February 06, 2010

Posted October 17, 2007
I have been an Oakland parent for 14 years now. We have stayed in this neighborhood so all our children can attend Oakland. We love this school. The children are well prepared for the Jr. High. Oakland has super teachers and staff. Family Reading Nights, Diversity Fairs, Weiner Roasts and the Spring Carnival all help promote the family-school connection.

Posted September 13, 2007

Posted May 17, 2007
My daughter went here for kindergarten. While I initially had some reservations due to large enrollment I have been extremely happy. My daughter had a small class, lots of opportunities and really excelled! Oakland is a great choice for schools!

Posted March 30, 2007
This is an excellent school for children with special needs! My worries were put to rest when I saw how involved and caring the LD teachers are. My son has greatly improved in academics and social interaction. Looking to buy a house in this area, HIGHLY recommend this school district!

Posted April 09, 2006
This is an excellent school with reading nights in front of the fireplace and excellent teachers.

Posted March 08, 2006
- a former student
This is a very good school with highly certified teachers. I went there for the 4th and 5th grade. The teachers give you a great graduation party. I highly recomment it for accelerated students.

Oakland Elementary School
1605 East Oakland Avenue, Bloomington, IL  61701
Last modified Oakland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakland Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top