Posted October 19, 2014
Cornerstone is an outstanding academic institution for learning. Equally important is Cornerstone's commitment to molding children into responsible, compassionate and creative members of the community. Academic excellence is expected by Cornerstone's administration and teachers and my children have been motivated by their intellectual, spiritual, and creative leadership. My eldest son started Cornerstone as a Freshman and transitioned well into the academically challenging curriculum even though it required additional time commitment to studying. My two younger children commenced their education at Cornerstone at the elementary level and there is no question they have received an exemplary education in a faith based environment. The staff at Cornerstone teach in part by their example but also by motivating students to utilize their talents. My children have a desire to perform as they do not want to disappoint their teachers as they have been taught to not waste the talents that God has given them. Cornerstone is a great place for children to fully utilize their potential in the company of caring and supportive students, teachers and administrators.

Posted October 13, 2014
I have to respectfully disagree with a previous post stating this school is strictly for "very conservative, evangelical Christians". Our family does not adhere to any particular religion, & we are very happy with this school. My son is in the kindergarten class & we are THRILLED with the school & staff. My son has a medical condition that requires special knowledge & care throughout the school day. The teachers, office staff, nurse & principal have all bent over backward to make sure he is taken care of while at CCA. The children are required to memorize Bible verses & learn about God, but I believe this instills a respect for others, a reverence for life & helps my son develop a kind, caring attitude toward others. They do require even young children to complete homework every night, with the exception of Fridays. This is a very good way to teach good study habits, discipline & responsibility. We have nothing but positive things to say & would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a school with dedicated, caring staff & a well thought out academic program. In an area where the public schools are lacking, this school fills an educational void above & beyond what is needed.

Posted September 10, 2014
This is a great place to send your kids. Over the years I've loved all of the teachers that I've had. Chapels are great on Mondays and the new schedule allows for one hour a day of study hall to work on homework before kids go home (upper school )Kids struggle when they procrastinate and that is why the first review were on this thread said 5 to 7 hours of homework on the weekends and 3 each night. I'm currently a senior at cornerstone and I am taking three AP classes and I have on average 4 hours of homework a night (but AP classes or the equivalent of college classes ) I've been at this school since I was in preschool and unless you procrastinate way too much there is no other reason to have that much homework that is a total exaggeration. God is incorporated to the curriculum while still allowing the free thought from students. The pursuit of Christ is at the core of the school. Pray if it is the will of God for your child to attend this school. ( from a student )

Cornerstone Christian Academy 3

Posted July 24, 2013
This is a rigorous school best for very conservative, evangelical Christians. If you do not conform to that, this school may be a struggle for your family. Many families in this area do, which is a reason this school is successful. The director is a great fundraiser, which resulted in a beautiful building on the far edge of town. As a mainstream Christian parent, the Bible class focus was unfamiliar & emphasized arcane, odd points. Science teaches both sides of evolution, but there is a 'right' way. A teacher advocated no kissing before marriage in class. 3 hours of rather dull homework nightly, 5-7+ hours on weekends is typical for middle school, so little family time. Most boys & girls are in school sports. Those who aren't may be ostracized. Kids enroll because everyone makes sports teams. Teachers & admin. are caring, interested, but more detached than they know. Once a week tutoring, but teachers don't make sure kids keep up w/ fast pace. Band is good, other arts limited. Nothing for learning disabilities. Bad for kids who cannot sit still for hours. Be careful before enrolling. The positive vibe here will only work if you truly believe in the school worldview.

Posted June 20, 2013
I would disagree with a previous reviewer who said that the quality of the education declines in upper school. My daughter attended CCA last year in 9th grade before we had to move for work. There is not one aspect of CCA that I found lacking - everything from the Christ-centered education, people, students, faculty, curriculum, community, etc. are all top notch. Everyone I met was down to earth and really strove to walk the walk too. My daughter grew immensely both academically and spiritually, which spilled over into our everyday family life which has never been better. CCA was by far the best school she ever attended and would recommend it 100% to anyone considering a Christian school.

Posted January 10, 2013
I have had two students attend the high school program. One has gone onto college where she has excelled due to the academic excellence she was taught at CCA. Her senior class at CCA scored an average of 5 points higher than the average public school students on their ACTS. We have found the teachers always more than willing to give extra help when needed with the advanced cirriculum. My kids are not only ready academically for college but also have a firm spiritual foundation that will help them in all areas of life. All three of my children at CCA say that they want to be school teachers. I think this speaks to the great mentoring relationships that they experienced at CCA.

Cornerstone Christian Academy 2

Posted May 08, 2011
The lower school teachers and principal are exceptional. However, the quality of teaching declines when you reach upper school. Also, the amount of homework can be daunting. The school is very strict and rigid. I would rate the lower school four and a half stars and the upper school one star.

Cornerstone Christian Academy 0

Posted September 16, 2009
One of the wonderful things about CCA is that everyone truely cares and loves your child. Their focus is building your childs foundation to be a good and faith driven individual. C.C.A. depends on God to move in the hearts of donors to provide the finances that public schools receive through tax dollars. This is such a powerful thing in that CCA has managed to grow in such a way on donation and faith!

Posted September 16, 2009
CCA is a great school with teachers and administration who TRULY care about the acadmic, as well as the spiritual development of the children who attend. They are great partners to have in the development of our children. We feel SOOOO blessed to have a school like CCA for our children to attend.

Posted September 16, 2009
Best school with excellent curriculum and discipline

Cornerstone Christian Academy
Po Box 1608, Bloomington, IL  61702
Last modified Cornerstone Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Cornerstone Christian Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top