Dd Eisenhower High School (Campus)

Public | 9-12 | 1802 students

Posted September 9, 2014

I have had students enrolled at DDE for 7 years. The education is wonderful. Honors and AP courses provide rigorous challenges for the students. There is a positive, safe, friendly atmosphere in the school. All staff are helpful. Extra-curriculars are varied and high-quality. The school continually works to improve and the results are noticeable and commendable. I think the rating of 2 is inaccurate.

Posted October 29, 2012

My grandson who is a Junior at DD Eisenhower loves his school. Anytime a young man can say that that about his school, has my approval. He is doing above average work too. He is academic scholarship eligible.

Posted February 17, 2011

I graduated from DDE in 2001. I went to college on scholarships As a teacher myself, I can appreciate how hard working and devoted the teachers of Eisenhower were. It is encouraging to know that many of them are still at DDE. The school offers a lot. The programs are good and the attention paid to related services, such as social work, is of high quality and sincere. There is also a true "team" approach to educating and caring for students. The student and staff are diverse, not only racially, but also linguistically and economically. I remember sitting next to other students who lived in huge old mansions as well as those in section 8 housing (though those were extremes.) This exposure to different people and cultures did not seem important at the time, but it was invaluable in college and now, in my professional life. DDE has a higher graduation rate than the other schools in the district. Unfortunately, though, many people- particularly white, upper middle class people, look down on DDE students. Still, I highly encourage everyone to check out this school.

Posted November 17, 2010

This school does not care to keep good teachers. Only cares about the budget and looking good on paper. The Special Ed. dept. is the worst due to the administration. She needs to go.

Posted August 23, 2009

I am a parent of a young man who attended this school for four years not only did he learn, he played football all four years and went on to graduate college . I think it is a darn good school with caring teachers

Posted July 2, 2009

academically below expectations.poor parent teacher communication only available via report card forget email parental involvement not permitted nor thru board meetings not a day goes by when my child wittnesd a fightthe parents

Posted May 8, 2009

This school district is horrible. My husband went to this school and they did nothing to help him with his reading problems, the teachers never even took enough interest in him to be able to notice that he had a problem, they just figured he didn't care enough about school. If you're caucasian, then be prepared to deal with a lot of Spanish programs and having your announcements done in Spanish also. The cater more to the Spanish speaking students then they do anyone else. I have a child in kindergarden who also went to preschool in this district. She will be starting 1st grade in the fall, and after the problems I have had with this district, I am transferring her to another district. I want my daughter to get a good and respectable education. I don't want her to suffer academically.

Posted March 27, 2009

I have 2 children who attend here, basically the school is ok but my children are caucasain and are the minority. The teachers are good but be prepared to hold your own. It is a diverse school and english is the 2nd language there. It is not as bad as I thought it would be, my kids are doing ok there.

Posted December 29, 2008

Well I am a sophomore I am attending to Eisenhower I love this High school its been the best 2 years of my life.. I met new friends, the teachers are very nice and help a lot with the things students don't understand .. The Deans are always there to help students succeed and help them to think about their future and not waste their time getting into trouble, they helped me a lot and made me realize that getting good grades will get me into a better collage.. well I'm very pleased to be attending this high school.. -- aka-- == JC ===

Posted April 2, 2008

Eisenhower offers students superb administration, careing teachers, and a wonderful environment to be educated. The district goes above and beyond to give their students a great education. Students with special needs are never fall between the cracks. The support services are amazing.. What a great school.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 1, 2008

they take good care of there students and makes it a great learning envoiroment for success
—Submitted by a student

Posted June 8, 2007

I'm a former student from D.D.E. I met new friends and teachers.The teachers really care about you unlike some other schools.I had the time of my life there and think others would to.
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 7, 2005

Fantastic High School, it's full of extracurricular activities, the teachers are wonderful and well educated. I was a student and now I am a parent looking forward to my child attending here.

Posted May 24, 2004

Ok I'm not a parent, but I can tell you this school is what you make of it. Most of the teachers are superb (except foreign language dept)! Get in to honors courses and extracurriculars and this school is the best!

Posted August 10, 2003

I am a former student of this school,and I did my freshman and sophmore yr here and then transferred to a texas school and this school had more to offer than all three high schools in my area i had to go to all three just to get in all my extracurricular activities as well as other classes. good school,staff,spirt thank you - would be class of 95 --go big red!

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 55% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Illinois used the Prairie State Achievement Examination (PSAE) to test students in grade 11 in reading, math and science. The PSAE is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Illinois. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Source: Illinois State Board of Education

Students with disabilities (IEP)10%
Students without disabilities24%
English language learners3%
Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

The different student groups are identified by the Illinois State Board of Education. If there are a small number of students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Source: Illinois State Board of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Below average

Test score rating
College readiness rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

This school
District
State

College readiness rating 20132What's this?

This school
District
State

Average ACT score

Graduation rate

71.7%

1 Test scores are based on 2012-13 ISAT results from the state of Illinois.

2 This rating is based on composite ACT scores and four-year adjusted graduation rates from 2012-13.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 4%

• Dr. Gary Rauch

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

12700 Sacramento Avenue