Blue Island, IL
Students enrolled: 1,802

Dd Eisenhower High School (Campus) 4

Posted September 09, 2014
I have had students enrolled at DDE for 7 years. The education is wonderful. Honors and AP courses provide rigorous challenges for the students. There is a positive, safe, friendly atmosphere in the school. All staff are helpful. Extra-curriculars are varied and high-quality. The school continually works to improve and the results are noticeable and commendable. I think the rating of 2 is inaccurate.

Posted October 29, 2012
My grandson who is a Junior at DD Eisenhower loves his school. Anytime a young man can say that that about his school, has my approval. He is doing above average work too. He is academic scholarship eligible.

Posted February 17, 2011
I graduated from DDE in 2001. I went to college on scholarships As a teacher myself, I can appreciate how hard working and devoted the teachers of Eisenhower were. It is encouraging to know that many of them are still at DDE. The school offers a lot. The programs are good and the attention paid to related services, such as social work, is of high quality and sincere. There is also a true "team" approach to educating and caring for students. The student and staff are diverse, not only racially, but also linguistically and economically. I remember sitting next to other students who lived in huge old mansions as well as those in section 8 housing (though those were extremes.) This exposure to different people and cultures did not seem important at the time, but it was invaluable in college and now, in my professional life. DDE has a higher graduation rate than the other schools in the district. Unfortunately, though, many people- particularly white, upper middle class people, look down on DDE students. Still, I highly encourage everyone to check out this school.

Dd Eisenhower High School (Campus) 1

Posted November 17, 2010
This school does not care to keep good teachers. Only cares about the budget and looking good on paper. The Special Ed. dept. is the worst due to the administration. She needs to go.

Posted August 23, 2009
I am a parent of a young man who attended this school for four years not only did he learn, he played football all four years and went on to graduate college . I think it is a darn good school with caring teachers

Posted July 02, 2009
academically below expectations.poor parent teacher communication only available via report card forget email parental involvement not permitted nor thru board meetings not a day goes by when my child wittnesd a fightthe parents

Posted May 08, 2009
This school district is horrible. My husband went to this school and they did nothing to help him with his reading problems, the teachers never even took enough interest in him to be able to notice that he had a problem, they just figured he didn't care enough about school. If you're caucasian, then be prepared to deal with a lot of Spanish programs and having your announcements done in Spanish also. The cater more to the Spanish speaking students then they do anyone else. I have a child in kindergarden who also went to preschool in this district. She will be starting 1st grade in the fall, and after the problems I have had with this district, I am transferring her to another district. I want my daughter to get a good and respectable education. I don't want her to suffer academically.

Dd Eisenhower High School (Campus) 3

Posted March 27, 2009
I have 2 children who attend here, basically the school is ok but my children are caucasain and are the minority. The teachers are good but be prepared to hold your own. It is a diverse school and english is the 2nd language there. It is not as bad as I thought it would be, my kids are doing ok there.

Posted December 29, 2008
Well I am a sophomore I am attending to Eisenhower I love this High school its been the best 2 years of my life.. I met new friends, the teachers are very nice and help a lot with the things students don't understand .. The Deans are always there to help students succeed and help them to think about their future and not waste their time getting into trouble, they helped me a lot and made me realize that getting good grades will get me into a better collage.. well I'm very pleased to be attending this high school.. -- aka-- == JC ===

Posted April 02, 2008
Eisenhower offers students superb administration, careing teachers, and a wonderful environment to be educated. The district goes above and beyond to give their students a great education. Students with special needs are never fall between the cracks. The support services are amazing.. What a great school.

12700 Sacramento Avenue, Blue Island, IL  60406
Last modified Dd Eisenhower High School (Campus) is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dd Eisenhower High School (Campus) Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top