Posted November 01, 2014
When people read the reviews, they should look for what year the review was written in. That says a lot. I'm a freshman, and I have to say, the other students are just bad. The students get away with everything. There is a fight every other day, even though there is a "No Tolerance" policy against it. The teachers are nice and good at what they do, but the students are a distraction. Edline isn't the best either. It is hard to navigate, and you can't find any resources. It's just bad. In my opinion, BHS isn't the best school around. The students are terrible, there isn't any enforcement, and when you try to get grades, you can't find them.

Posted October 21, 2014
It is sad to say that Bolingbrook High School does not have the best track record. I have 2 children attending BHS currently and I am very pleased with the curriculum, activities, sports, clubs and faculty that are available to my children. Bolingbrook is trying very hard to make this school a great learning environment for kids. It is common sense that it is not only up to the school, it is also up to the children and their parents to make that happen.

Posted September 25, 2014
Okay, it's definitely not the best. I went to BHS from 2009 to 2012 and to be completely honest... It's the most dangerous, understaffed, corrupt school in the area. During my time at the school there was a stabbing, a fire and let's be honest, you can get drugs anywhere there. The education sucks. Most students that apply for a highly rated college get passed over because of the low ratings and poor curriculum. All and all the school is a danger zone. I say to all students that go to that school be careful and good luck.

Posted June 16, 2014
I can say with little doubt that Bolingbrook High School, along with most VVSD schools, is the worst school in the state of Illinois. The teachers are poorly trained, the curriculum is un-educational, and the administration is corrupt. I do not recommend this school to anyone planning on getting any sort of education or prospect of college. If I could give it zero stars I would.

Posted May 14, 2014
I think that BHS is a very horrible school. The fact that freshman from now on starting 2014, they will be in a program that makes them learn higher material then they should. The school should not do that since we did not learn the material that is required to be in the class. So whoever did this, they should be ashamed of themselves!

Posted May 25, 2012
continued... The sad reason behind the low testing scores does not lie on the teachers rather it is the students lack of commitment to their grades and their future. I also enjoy the schools commitment to their special education program. I have experienced their after school program(best buddies), as well as help out in the low incidence classroom during my lunch and homeroom, and I am proud of the commitment towards the students. I for one would give BHS a 4 out of 5.

Posted April 28, 2011
Overall I rate this school well. I have had 2 students go through BHS with completely different experiences, as they are very different people. My biggest concern is the size of the school. I think students get lost in a school that size and there are a lot of policies that are basic crowd control. That said, I have met many dedicated teachers and staff. Mr. Mitchem seems to be a very thoughtful and accessable principle. I have always been able to talk to someone to get an issue resolved. My children have graduated with choices and fully prepared for the college choices they made. They have made good friends and the host of activities and classes is excellent. The racial diversity has prepared them for the diversity of the real world.

Bolingbrook High School 2

Posted October 08, 2010
most students have terrible attitudes. school policy is ridiculous. (students can retake any test up to 3 times! all seniors have no finals!) and even with these advantages, the test scores are still absolutely terrible. so many opportunities to learn and improve, so little effort. with students like these, this country is doomed. how can teachers be expected to succeed when students refuse to put in any effort?

Bolingbrook High School 5

Posted April 04, 2010
As a sophomore, I have had time to experience BHS and form my own opinion of it. Bolingbrook High School, despite any thing, is an excellent school with a fantastic, hard working staff. While I love it there all around, I would have to say that the selection of AP courses is phenomenal, and the teachers are completely qualified. Students, while having some issues, as whole, have improved dramatically in just the past year and a half that I have attended BHS. We work hard to rid ourselves of the notorious reputation earned in the past. As Mr. Mitchem says, 'if there has to be a best, why not US?'

Bolingbrook High School 5

Posted March 05, 2010
i use to attend bolingbrook and i have to say i love it. they have some of the best teacher.and mr mitchem is working his but off to keep us out of the news. the sports are great a nd also the people. just because a few bad things happened doenst me its a bad schoo.

Bolingbrook High School
365 Raider Way, Bolingbrook, IL  60440
Last modified Bolingbrook High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bolingbrook High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top