Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted January 07, 2014
We love Jamie McGee Elementary. The Teachers and staff are wonderful; as are the Principal and Vice Principal. I have three Children currently attending JME. With the notable exception of one tyrannical first grade Teacher, we have been lucky enough to have 7 of the most wonderful, caring and enthusiastic Teachers work with our Children. The Parental involvement is extremely high and there is a wonderful sense of community. I highly recommend this school and feel the rating does not do the school justice.

Posted December 19, 2012
We moved to Bolingbrook two years ago and all three of our kids are at Jamie McGee. All of our children's teachers have been great! They balance the importance of academia and character development. this past year a new principle came on board. Ms. Lyons and Mr Valenza has been an excellent resource and leader in bringing the parents, teachers and staff together for the sake of our children. We are more than pleased to be part of the Jamie McGee community!

Posted July 10, 2010
The teachers and the principal are excellent. The reading programs are fantastic. In addition to academics, there is a strong emphasis on character and responsibility. Parental involvement is high and there are nice events scheduled for the kids like a back to school bbq, a halloween dance, and music performances. Jamie McGee feels like a community.

Posted September 18, 2009
Their teaching staff and principal are second to none when it comes to responsiblity and encouragement

Posted September 16, 2009
I LOVE this school because you have a great Principal who cares about the students and wonderful teachers who are also as caring!

Posted August 20, 2009
The teachers show that they care about our childrens education. Any sign in a child falling behind or progressing always get addressed ASAP. My son has been at this school since the very begning and is now in the 5th grade, yes I have experince with this school and I have compared it with nephews living in surrounding areas. I give Jaime McGee 5 stars.

Posted December 29, 2008
My overall rating would have been a 3 across the board as of 2 years ago. My daughter had a very rough time since Kindergarten. Over her last 2 years there seems to be a growth or change in the educational process plus group reading at several levels. My daughter loves to read and this is her chance to move to other rooms in the building and work with kids with her drive and determination. I am pleased with this improvement as well as the change in training teachers. The office staff is one of the best ever.

Posted November 28, 2006
I would highly recommend this school. The staff and teachers are awesome. The PTO does a great job with activities and fundraising for the school. The staff and teachers really seem to care about the kids. Keep up the good work!!!

Posted April 10, 2006
My child had some good and bad experiences at this school.The honor roll was heavily based on behavior rather than academics. My child earned all A's but could not be on the honor roll because she had a check mark for not getting along with another child in her class. The school offers many activities for students and families. The principal was accessible and available to parents.I did receive responses in a timely manner from the teachers. Their emergency and closing procedures were well thought out and communicated to the parents.the school itself has excellent safety procedures.

Posted January 19, 2005
I really like this school alot, one thing from day one that I really like was that the Principal and the Assistant Principal, was outside watching out for the kids, at lunch time Mr. Z is there also helping out the kids, to me that's kind of important, because it shows how they care for our kids, not just sitting behind a desk all day, they do alot of activities for the kids, my daughter has learn to read very good and she is in first grade, my only opinion, I would like for them to get at least one sheet of english and one of math a day for homework, or at least for the weekend. Keep up the good job! Also maybe have afterschool activities, example, art club, book club, softball team, music: piano, violin or flute lessons just an idea!

179 Commonwealth Drive, Bolingbrook, IL  60440
Last modified Jamie Mcgee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jamie Mcgee Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top