Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I am completely disappointed with this school and the new Principal and Student Services Coordinator. Since they came on board, teachers who have been at the school for years started to leave as well as other personnel. The environment at the school is solemn. A lot of the kids are not excited to go to school and dread the environment. The Principal and Student Services Coordinator refuse to acknowledge reports of bullying and instead of protecting those who report it, they protect the bullies and try to shame the child reporting it. They don't have a pulse of what is really going on amongst the students and refuse to acknowledge issues because of their inexperience and lack of knowledge on how to deal with providing a solution. With the exception of a few good teachers who are truly dedicated, I am disappointed and wish I would have chosen a different neighborhood with a better school to send my children.

My two kids are going to Builta and we just love it. My kid needed extra help in all the areas, and throughout the year he had improved so much just because the teachers and all the staff had help him. So pleased and happy with the school and the administration.

My child is in his last year at Builta. He is a solid A student that has performed very well. I do however wish they would have challenged him more. The teachers are great and truly care; but it is obvious that most just tolerate the administration. I know of a few parents where their children need extra help and the administration does not proactively do what they are supposed to do. Very frustrating to have to write to the superintendent to get some kind of action. I hope this improves as the current principal is retiring. The PTA is very active and agree with the previous comments regarding bad kids that are overlooked because of the PTA politics. Many parents that would get involved do not because of a few bad seeds that are overly involved, controlling, and not open to new ideas.

The principal is wonderful, however something needs to be done about the vice-principal. She simply is tense and needs emotional intelligence skills. Also there is too much of a preference to allow PTA parents who have misbehaving kids be given special treatment. That seems unjust. Otherwise it is a good school. A great school. It needs to promote fairness regardless of who the parent is.

Our girls have had great teachers at Builta and the parent community is very involved. We are very happy with our school.

I have a Kindergartener and this is our first experience at the school. So far we are super impressed. The teachers are so enthusiastic, the parents seem very involved, the classrooms look very fun and inviting. We just LOVE it!!

two of my children have gone through builta and another is currently attending it. We love builta however, the principal is quite a back seater when it comes to the over dominating vice principal. The vice principal has to tone it down...alot!

My kids have gone to Builta since we moved to the neighborhood 11 yrs. ago and we are huge advocates for this school! The faculty and staff have always been very experienced educators and they truly seem to want the students to succeed and love learning. Our front office staff is very friendly and the PTA is absolutely amazing with all the activities and extra events they have going on for the Builta families. The events are very well organized and creative and there is a great pool of volunteers. We have many new families due to the new homes in the area that are within walking distance to school. This neighborhood is very safe and the school is very well monitored. We're lucky to be a part of the Builta family because our principal and teachers really care about our kids!

My daughter has attended this school since first grade and she is currently a fourth grade student. The staff is highly qualified, compassionate and most importantly, they know how to TEACH and lead students. I would highly recommend this school to anyone considering a move to the area.

I have 2 children that went to this school. One of them for 4 years. The principal can be a little harsh but overall the school really has your childrens education in their best interest. Zero tolerance discipline. Strong parent involvement is encouraged and is key. I'm sad we had to move away. Would strongly recommend this school. A+

Last modified Wayne Builta Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.