PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

I am an ex-student of Aqsa. I attended Aqsa for most of my life (over ten years) and transferred to a rigorous public school where I realized how under prepared I was for college and how ignorant I was about the process of receiving scholarships and guidance all together. The guidance counselor in Aqsa was useless (her idea of help was telling you that the school she attended was the school for you), the dean of students is a power-hungry and hypocritical woman, and the principal is, sadly, is never present, doesn't seem qualified, and lacks professionalism. The school altogether was nothing but a big clubhouse. As the years passed, I noticed a dramatic decrease in the quality of education and the purity of the administration's morals. The students were never in class, the relationship between the students turned from "friendly and supportive" to "sisterly friend" in the most negative way. It was no longer a problem of teachers teaching poorly but of teachers not teaching at all.Every task that needed to be done took much longer than was necessary. "Advanced Placement" classes lacked qualified teachers and materials.Once I went to public school I realized what I had been missing.

Aqsa School is a wonderful place. My child learned to read and write Arabic as well as learning some surahs after her first year at the school. It really is a family environment where everyone is truly invested in each student. The Principal works diligently to make sure that students are receiving a quality education. On average, students are at least one year advanced according to standardized testing. The small classroom sizes really allow for individualized instruction. Most elementary classrooms have between 8-16 students.

Aqsa School possesses a wide variety of strengths from the family-like environment where all students feel comfortable to be themselves to the rigorous curriculum with college preparatory classes as well as a progressive focus on common core curriculum.

Aqsa School is the most welcoming school to be in. The students are heavily involved in community service efforts as well as academic, athletic, and spiritual competitions and conferences.

Aqsa is improving every year. Better teachers and more extracurricular activities. This is my daughter s sixth year at Aqsa. She loves it. She is more confident in herself and Aqsa in addition to academics it is teaching her how to be a good community member. My other daughter will be coming to Aqsa soon.

I am an alumni of Aqsa School, and glad to know it's still around and running strong for the next generation of muslim female leaders! There's no place like Aqsa. But they need lots of financial help, just like any other private school. It's hard for the parents alone to keep supporting it, Any fundraising ideas that are new and innovative should be welcomed!

I have 2 daqughters in Aqsa this year is their first year ,I was worried about changing them from a CPS school that the cirricullum would be so much different. I was very pleased with the school and it's educational process ,I also found the cirricullum at Aqsa is Equal to the state board .I also was impressed with the teachers' at Aqsa, Their teaching skills are remarkable and they all are highly educated this is all done in a Islamic setting. I do recommend Asqa to all

I love this school ...my son in KG and he loves the school and the teachers.. you feel that everyone is a part of your family... so proud of haveing such school with such great principal and teachers!

I drive my daughter everyday 50 miles to attend Aqsa, and each time I pull up to the school I thank Allah for the opportunity available to her. The principal, staff and teachers all exude warmth, care and professionalism, as well as a sincere desire to keep Islamic values foremost. I can't say enough, for the future mothers of Believers to be as well prepared and safe is worth every prayer , mile and dollar.

Very caring, inspirational, and committed program which makes the school environment a place to want to learn and prosper.

Last modified Aqsa School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12