Bridgeview, IL

Aqsa School 1

Posted November 09, 2014
I am an ex-student of Aqsa. I attended Aqsa for most of my life (over ten years) and transferred to a rigorous public school where I realized how under prepared I was for college and how ignorant I was about the process of receiving scholarships and guidance all together. The guidance counselor in Aqsa was useless (her idea of help was telling you that the school she attended was the school for you), the dean of students is a power-hungry and hypocritical woman, and the principal is, sadly, is never present, doesn't seem qualified, and lacks professionalism. The school altogether was nothing but a big clubhouse. As the years passed, I noticed a dramatic decrease in the quality of education and the purity of the administration's morals. The students were never in class, the relationship between the students turned from "friendly and supportive" to "sisterly friend" in the most negative way. It was no longer a problem of teachers teaching poorly but of teachers not teaching at all.Every task that needed to be done took much longer than was necessary. "Advanced Placement" classes lacked qualified teachers and materials.Once I went to public school I realized what I had been missing.

Posted May 25, 2014
Aqsa School is a wonderful place. My child learned to read and write Arabic as well as learning some surahs after her first year at the school. It really is a family environment where everyone is truly invested in each student. The Principal works diligently to make sure that students are receiving a quality education. On average, students are at least one year advanced according to standardized testing. The small classroom sizes really allow for individualized instruction. Most elementary classrooms have between 8-16 students.

Posted September 24, 2013
Aqsa School possesses a wide variety of strengths from the family-like environment where all students feel comfortable to be themselves to the rigorous curriculum with college preparatory classes as well as a progressive focus on common core curriculum.

Posted September 24, 2013
Aqsa School is the most welcoming school to be in. The students are heavily involved in community service efforts as well as academic, athletic, and spiritual competitions and conferences.

Posted March 03, 2012
Aqsa is improving every year. Better teachers and more extracurricular activities. This is my daughter s sixth year at Aqsa. She loves it. She is more confident in herself and Aqsa in addition to academics it is teaching her how to be a good community member. My other daughter will be coming to Aqsa soon.

Aqsa School 4

Posted September 29, 2010
I am an alumni of Aqsa School, and glad to know it's still around and running strong for the next generation of muslim female leaders! There's no place like Aqsa. But they need lots of financial help, just like any other private school. It's hard for the parents alone to keep supporting it, Any fundraising ideas that are new and innovative should be welcomed!

Aqsa School 0

Posted October 15, 2009
I have 2 daqughters in Aqsa this year is their first year ,I was worried about changing them from a CPS school that the cirricullum would be so much different. I was very pleased with the school and it's educational process ,I also found the cirricullum at Aqsa is Equal to the state board .I also was impressed with the teachers' at Aqsa, Their teaching skills are remarkable and they all are highly educated this is all done in a Islamic setting. I do recommend Asqa to all

Posted October 14, 2009
I love this school ...my son in KG and he loves the school and the teachers.. you feel that everyone is a part of your family... so proud of haveing such school with such great principal and teachers!

Aqsa School 0

Posted October 07, 2009
I drive my daughter everyday 50 miles to attend Aqsa, and each time I pull up to the school I thank Allah for the opportunity available to her. The principal, staff and teachers all exude warmth, care and professionalism, as well as a sincere desire to keep Islamic values foremost. I can't say enough, for the future mothers of Believers to be as well prepared and safe is worth every prayer , mile and dollar.

Posted October 06, 2009
I have had 4 children in Aqsa school. The school tries very hard to taylor education for each individual student. It is a great islamic environment and very diverse as well. My daughter took first place in State of Illinois Science Fair with the help of her teachers. Aqsa girls were in the video presentation in Copenhagen for Chicago 2016. The school has a lot to offer. I recommend it to all, muslims and nonmuslims.

Aqsa School