St. Albert the Great School 5

Posted August 30, 2015
Just transferred my son to St. Alberts this year and what a quick turnaround he has made. His old school was overcrowded, lacked discipline, and was full of bullies. He hated to go to school and had few friends and was picked on a lot and bullied. After just a few days at St. Alberts he has made a lot of new friends and he loves coming to school and he is happy. He is like a different kid since he started at St. Albert. The teachers are able to teach instead of fighting for control of the classroom with disruptive kids. The Principal has been a Godsend helping me to understand about the schools religious programs and the curriculum and the clubs and sports. He was also very helpful in explaining financial aid and the process. A fantastic experience so far!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 30, 2015
My sons teachers are great and he likes them both and he likes going to school now.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 30, 2015
It’s just right. I am glad to see my son have homework. Its the start if the year but it seems ok so far.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 30, 2015
Yes. Based on the curriculum. At my sons old school you could get by, here, you must work.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 30, 2015
Yes. I can’t explain this one is much as you have to be around after school and see how all these kids interact with each other and their families. I see nothing but respect.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 30, 2015
Yes. My son was new to the school this year coming into 4th grade and all the kids wanted to be his friend.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 30, 2015
We are new to the school this year but so far I see kind students who made friends with my son on day one.

St. Albert the Great School 5

Posted August 24, 2015
I agree with the other parent who posted on August 21. This school is not only amazing but safe. The negative post on June 10, 2015 was by a loner parent who never helped, volunteered or got involved and was always looking to gossip and spread negativity - 99% thought he had an agenda (we’re glad he’s gone). BUT, how about wonderful St. Albert the Great! Dedicated teachers and an awesome Principal makes our school the envy of the south side.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 24, 2015
The teachers are awesome, caring, and work hard to make the kids succeed. Another reason Catholic schools rock!!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 24, 2015
My kids always have homework to do and it never seems to be too much, maybe a large project once in a while but thats it.

5535 State Rd, Burbank, IL  60459
Last modified St. Albert the Great School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Albert the Great School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 71 reviews. Top