Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 10, 2015
The teachers at this school are AMAZING! They are all so knowledgeable, wise, fair, and incredibly caring. They treated my kids like they were their own children. They are constantly doing little things to show the kids they care and my children both LOVED their teachers and frankly so did I!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 10, 2015
The amount is perfect. My son's previous school gave WAY too much and led to a lot of stress and fighting at homework time. Homework time is no longer a fight and my son has made great gains academically.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 10, 2015
This is definitely something that is emphasized here. The eight graders help a great deal with the youngest kids and are great role models of what caring individuals behave like. All of the kids know each other at this school and truly all the kids care about each other as well. I was quite moved when at the end of the year an eight grade boy (who says 14 year old boys aren't nice?) came up to my preschooler to say goodbye with the same amount of care and emotion that he used when saying goodbye to his friends. He had been one of the lunch monitors for my son's preschool class and did his job with a great amount of care and compassion- my son was always coming home telling me nice things about "Johnny and Mary".

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 10, 2015
My child has developed so much character in this past year. He is now constantly surprising me with the amount of wisdom he shares with us. He has matured immensely and is always concerned about how he can treat others kindly. He has become a great role model to his little brother- case in point his 2 year old brother hit him the other day and rather than hit him back like he would've in the past he gently told him "no, we aren't supposed to hit, we have to be kind to each other". He also always makes sure we pray before meals, at night etc. I am so proud of the young man my little boy is becoming. The kids have so many wonderful people to look up to at St. Albert's as well so I feel like I have a team of people to back me up rather than people I have to fight against with like I felt at my child's previous school. I hope my children graduate from this school.

St. Albert the Great School 1

Posted June 10, 2015
This school has no means of accommodating children with learning or behavioral disorders. They are placed into a standard classroom and pose as a constant distraction for the other students. My child was bullied and injured numerous times along with other classmates, yet nothing was done. My child will be going to a better/safer school and I advise anyone looking into this school to avoid it at all cost.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted June 10, 2015
The teachers I've personally dealt with aren't effective at all. They turn a blind eye to the troubled child and allow him to do whatever he wants, then complain that the rest of the class is acting up. How can they expect the other children to behave when one student in the class does not have to?

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 10, 2015
The amount of homework was satisfactory, though not every student was responsible for completing it. There's a bit of bias in the classroom.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 10, 2015
The school basically promotes persistent bullying with an abundance of grit. I hope anyone putting their child into this school has taught them how to protect themselves.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted June 10, 2015
How can this school teach respect when bullying is acceptable? Not only was my child assaulted on numerous occasions, but his property was also destroyed with no repercussions.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted June 10, 2015
The only empathy developed in this school is more like guilt. I feel horrible that my child was stuck in this school.

5535 State Rd, Burbank, IL  60459
Last modified St. Albert the Great School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Albert the Great School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top