Burbank, IL

Posted April 29, 2014
Very Good teachers staff and communication to parents and grandparents. They are always having special events and family friendly days for parents and students.

Posted April 29, 2014
I think this school has great teachers and staff. They really try to keep parents informed and to prepare students for the next grade level.

Posted January 05, 2014
I was a student at Tobin (before they made the new building) and my last year attending was 2005 . I have to say I loved Tobin School!! All of my teachers throughout the years helped me so much and they always tried helping me however they could. Thanks to them I'm now a successful person in college along with many of my classmates back then.

Posted August 22, 2013
The teachers, principle and staff work very hard with limited help from their district leadership, the parents help quite a bit on trips and events, and the staff has some very nice programs to keep the students involved, learning new things, and using the students as peers to help other grade levels

Edward J Tobin Elementary School 1

Posted October 06, 2010
I'm wondering if the parents rating schools in District 111 5 stars did their homework by researching other schools, state ratings, international comparisons, as well as get involved in the school itself. I did. Illinois is ranked 34th nationally, earning a D grade. District 111 test scores are in line with the state average. Therefore, District 111 is comprised of D schools when compared nationally. Obviously, that means they are failing internationally. My son's first grade year in 111 was a review of his kindergarten studies at a private school. I need to supplement with home studies so he is continuously learning. His first grade teacher was great, but she had 21 students, (no assistant,) and half the class was ESL. The teachers are required to follow the District learning program, so all schools fail together. The principal is excellent, but was dealt a poor system.

Posted April 02, 2010

Posted March 01, 2010
An excellent school, great administration and hard working staff and teachers. Everyone cares about the kids and their personal and educational development. I truly appreciate the holistic approach given to learning. School also does an excellent job in fostering a community of mutual respect through a peer mediation program and policy of peaceful conflict resolution. I am so glad that my 2 children are at Tobin!

Posted October 22, 2009
Very old fashioned that it upsets me. I feel very uncomfortable that my child has soo many classmates. She is not introduced to a second languagel, her lunch menu is frightening, the school is lacking on science and math. Language, science and math are the three most important issues since we are a modern society. I'm very sorry to say that i should of kept my daughter in private school.

Posted August 31, 2009
It is a very great school it is the best school in Burbank District #111 from all the learning to all the fun it is a really fun and exciting school I think a lot of kids would want to go to the is school.

Posted April 24, 2006

Edward J Tobin Elementary School
8501 Narragansett Avenue, Burbank, IL  60459
Last modified Edward J Tobin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edward J Tobin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top