Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teachers pay students to do their assignments and principal doesn't do anything about it. District doesnt return calls after detailed message left!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Bribing children isn't effective and neither is all this seat work that is way below grade level and is done over and over

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Fairness??? Paying a child who is smarter because they complete an assignment in the allotted time isn't fair to the others in class and it isn't fair to students who don't receive the money. Sending book bags and other gifts home with certain children isn't fair! Paying for certain students books at a book fair isn't fair! Pay for certain students filed trips isn't fair!

Very Good teachers staff and communication to parents and grandparents. They are always having special events and family friendly days for parents and students.

I think this school has great teachers and staff. They really try to keep parents informed and to prepare students for the next grade level.

I was a student at Tobin (before they made the new building) and my last year attending was 2005 . I have to say I loved Tobin School!! All of my teachers throughout the years helped me so much and they always tried helping me however they could. Thanks to them I'm now a successful person in college along with many of my classmates back then.

The teachers, principle and staff work very hard with limited help from their district leadership, the parents help quite a bit on trips and events, and the staff has some very nice programs to keep the students involved, learning new things, and using the students as peers to help other grade levels

I'm wondering if the parents rating schools in District 111 5 stars did their homework by researching other schools, state ratings, international comparisons, as well as get involved in the school itself. I did. Illinois is ranked 34th nationally, earning a D grade. District 111 test scores are in line with the state average. Therefore, District 111 is comprised of D schools when compared nationally. Obviously, that means they are failing internationally. My son's first grade year in 111 was a review of his kindergarten studies at a private school. I need to supplement with home studies so he is continuously learning. His first grade teacher was great, but she had 21 students, (no assistant,) and half the class was ESL. The teachers are required to follow the District learning program, so all schools fail together. The principal is excellent, but was dealt a poor system.

An excellent school, great administration and hard working staff and teachers. Everyone cares about the kids and their personal and educational development. I truly appreciate the holistic approach given to learning. School also does an excellent job in fostering a community of mutual respect through a peer mediation program and policy of peaceful conflict resolution. I am so glad that my 2 children are at Tobin!

Very old fashioned that it upsets me. I feel very uncomfortable that my child has soo many classmates. She is not introduced to a second languagel, her lunch menu is frightening, the school is lacking on science and math. Language, science and math are the three most important issues since we are a modern society. I'm very sorry to say that i should of kept my daughter in private school.

Last modified Edward J Tobin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.