Burbank, IL

Posted May 14, 2014
Great environment! This school is the best in District 111 with the test scores to prove it. Kennedy makes AYP every year. The teachers are wonderful and work well with parents. The principal is outstanding and creates an environment in which the kids flourish and want to learn. He knows the name of every student . Couldn't ask for a better school!

Posted August 21, 2011
I went to this school from K-8! I loved it and all the teachers, I'm sure that most are not there anymore. They made me love school. It's because of them I am where I am now! Thanks FALCONS!!!

J B Kennedy Elementary School 0

Posted November 16, 2008
Kennedy is a fantastic school. Their gifted programs are phenomenal and my son has even skipped a grade. For those who say the school is a big disappointment, they need to look at themselves. The only disappointment is that they're not being proactive about their child's education. Education begins at home and if a school isn't doing what the parent feels it should, the parents should take the child to another school or find a capable tutor to challenge the child. This school does the best it can and I personally think it's more than merely adequate!

Posted September 19, 2007
We love Kennedy school! My son is in 3rd grade and has really loved all of his teachers and the entire staff throughout the years (let's not forget the very nice principal who takes the time to greet the children every morning - how does he remember all of their names?). Aside from the challenging academic curriculum, there is a great emphasis on reading (starting in the early years) which has really paid off. My son has been consistently exceeding averages on both the yearly tests and throughout the year. Not to mention he's an excellent speller and avid reader. When your child loves going to school and continues to excel in all academic areas, what more could you ask for? I can't say enough good things about Kennedy school!

Posted August 25, 2007
This school is great. My daughter has been there for 7 years now, and every year she has had wonderful teachers. The principal is very nice and relates well to the children. There are many extra curricular activities the children can participate in. As far as learning, my daughter exceeds all 'standards' usually by 2-3 grade levels on the yearly tests. I give a lot of credit to the school for keeping learning fun and interesting.

J B Kennedy Elementary School 0

Posted July 01, 2007
My youngest child attends now and my oldest was here two years ago. Both of my children have done quite well. The teachers are helpful, outgoing and willing to help. I have not had any problems and both girls love the school.

J B Kennedy Elementary School 2

Posted November 14, 2004
This school has been a big disappointment. It is probably fine for most kids, but our child needs accelerated learning opportunities which have not been available. It has been a struggle for the last four years for the school to even consider any type of accelerated program for our child, despite outside evaluations and documentation of higher level of ability. (Hopefully this is the year.) Our child has not been challanged and is failing due to boredom.

J B Kennedy Elementary School
7644 Central Avenue, Burbank, IL  60459
Last modified J B Kennedy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J B Kennedy Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top