Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Luther Burbank Elementary School
Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted April 21, 2016
A student of maddock recently passed away in which this student's mother is a teacher at Burbank school in which the school welcomed her with sympathy in comfort for the unfortunate passing away of her son who also worked at Burbank school may he RIP in the school looks at this family as I look at them which is that we lost a family member of ours which leaves me to say are loss is heavens gain may you RIP Jack Lawlor

Posted April 21, 2016
The teachers there go above in beyond to have each individual child receive proper education in also assist them with any special needs circumstances . I and my nephew are Burbank school graduates and let's just say with quality education we got there my nephew is now studying his Ph.D. At UIC and I have my associates in science early childhood development and if it was not for the loving caring in compassionate education there we would not be in the fields we are in now thank you Luther Burbank school

Posted August 22, 2013
I went to Burbank for K-8 & there is a very good chance my son will go to Burbank. I have nothing but good to say about this school & the great care the faculty put into each & every child. I have no doubt that my son will get everything out of Burbank School that he puts in.

Posted August 22, 2008
In my opinion I know this is a great school for a stable community I need to congratulate the Principal Dr M. who has been doing a great Job. Also 2 grade teacher Mrs Lucente.& Ms Lawler

Luther Burbank Elementary School 2

Posted January 04, 2006
It pains me to see how this school has allowed the ritualistic 'dumbing down' of the students to continue. There are maybe 3 high quality teachers (who really challenge the kids), but the majority are satisfied with status quo and don't want to get involved with change. This is perpetuated by a principal who believes he should lead by popular opinion. It's no wonder that this school (& district) struggle to make AYP. Parental involvement is nearly non-existent... mostly due to their selfishness (which unfortunately shows in their children). The school is very safe now (mainly because the 7th & 8th grades have been moved to Liberty Jr. High)

Posted August 12, 2005
A wonderful school with dedicated teachers and staff. Have one daughter who graduated 3 years ago now attending Reavis and another just entering second grade. The girls remained happy and upbeat about their classes and the teachers always make themselves available for parent/teacher conferences. Enough extracurricular to get almost every child involved. Kudos to Mrs. Rhyne the Kindergarten teacher who opens the eyes of our babes. BTW Love the idea of uniforms, it's about time. Way too much effort was being spent on looks instead of study.

Posted December 31, 2004
This is a student typing, i'm a sixth grader at luther burbank school. I think we get a good education, theres a huge down low to our school. Uniforms stink!

Posted April 07, 2004
The teachers in this school are great. I have two daughters who have graduated from here, one is now attending Revis the other has graduated from Revis and has also gotten her BA from Purdue University. I honestly belive the education and support from the teachers and staff have propelled my children. All the teachers are great. I can not say any thing bad about the school. Its staff is so dedicated it is unbelivable. If yoy get a chance to check out a school play or the band recitels you will be impressed beyond belife.

Luther Burbank Elementary School
8235 Linder Ave, Burbank, IL  60459
Last modified Luther Burbank Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.