Cambridge, IL

Posted December 09, 2011
i could not believe the community response to the P-K, Kindergarten holiday musical on Thrusday. WOW. we travel about a hour to see our grandson perform and we were just amazed at the turn out. what a big heart from a small community

Cambridge Community Grade School 1

Posted November 09, 2009

Posted September 14, 2006
If people really have that much of a problem with Cambridge, then move! As far as the stranger comment, we were the first generation to move here, and we have been VERY included, and welcomed. The school has always been ecstatic to have our participation and input and more than accepted the children. I don't see how it's any different than starting in any grade school except for being better- they have so many more chances for involvement. Really sorry you have had a bad experience. With a principal like Shelley to help out, you must not have utilized your resources.

Cambridge Community Grade School 3

Posted October 22, 2005

Posted June 01, 2005

Posted May 30, 2005
I am greatly upset to see such poor reviews for such a great school. I have 2 kids in this school and they, as do I, love it. I'm upset to see the cruel reviews for Ms. Shelly Logston. I personally think you don't get better principals than her. I also LOVE the parent involvement. The teachers are also great!

Posted May 30, 2005
I moved here when my youngest was in 3rd grade. My oldest was in 7th. No one in our family has lived here but us. The school welcomed us in with open arms. My youngest absolutely loves all of the teachrs she has had, and all of the ones she has not had! She loves Ms. Logston and she is going to be upset to move to 7th grade! I am truly upset to see all of the negative comments about the Cambridge Grade School. My kid's Grandparents did not go to school here or even live here and we were still welcomed in graciously!

Cambridge Community Grade School 2

Posted February 07, 2005
We are very disappointed in the declining quality of education at Cambridge Elementary in the last few years. There are so many contests, feel-good programs and empty 'fun' activities that have no academic value. Unfortunately, our school's standardized test scores are reflecting this. We want our kids to have fun at school, but they should be having FUN LEARNING, not just having fun. Parent involvement is extremely high, but poor leadership from the principal and the resulting low morale of the teachers has our school headed for real trouble. Our family, along with several others, is considering moving our children to a nearby district unless we see change soon.

Posted October 26, 2004
I have five kids in this school district, all in the grade school. The teachers are wonderful and bend over backwards to help the children. The principal at the school, Ms. Shelly Logston, is just wonderful. All of my children have benefited greatly by being students in this school. It is a warm and welcoming community and I would not choose to send my kids to any other school. I am really sorry to see that the only two reviews on this board are so negative.

Cambridge Community Grade School 2

Posted August 13, 2004
If you were not born in Cambridge, keep your children away! I suppose if your child is not into extra cirricular activities you're alright, otherwise beware. The people here are not welcoming, they are very exclusive and do not welcome strangers (by strangers I mean that your grandparents were not born there). The administration has blinders and will not aknowledge any problems within the district. Drugs or otherwise. The dropout rate is not accuate and is skewed to make things look good for Cambridge. Before you subject your children to this district, 'think 3 times'. There are other options.

Cambridge Community Grade School
312 South West Street, Cambridge, IL  61238
(309) 937-2028
Last modified Cambridge Community Grade School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cambridge Community Grade School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top