Posted August 13, 2014
Western Trails. My daughter attended the school for 6 years, and had a great experience. She was challenged, which is a good thing - and very caring teachers. She always felt safe, and the educators know how to balance fun activities to keep the kids engaged with serious learning. I never had any problems with any staff members.

Western Trails Elementary School 1

Posted March 25, 2014
I've had one good experience with one teacher only. My second grader currently is having trouble with math. Instead of these people helping me they give me more stress to deal with. The teacher told my son he was going to flunk if he kept getting pulled out early from class. And told him to tell me and not to get mad. I believe that is very unprofessional, and the principal said she would ask her to call me and let me know what happened. But the teacher never even bothered to contact me at all. The secretaries are rude I called once to see if they can release my son to a friend that her daughter went to school there with him as well. She asked do you know her last name I said I don't know her last name. She asked do you know this person I said yes but bot the daughter I haven't gotten the chance to meet her personally. She responded "well I don't know I don't know is that her last name then ?" Very rude and unprofessional I believe. I'm taking my son out this school for this and many more reasons. Maybe they are like this to only Hispanic parents.

Posted August 11, 2010
this is a really really good school with excellent teachers...the principal is very friendly and nice

Western Trails Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
They have the best teacher and the lady's in the office are great

Western Trails Elementary School 4

Posted August 25, 2009
My child is just starting the 2nd year at western Trails, The staff at the school is both helpful and supportive, His teacher last year went above and beyond my expectations. However I'm less than impressed with the district and how they handel IEP's While the school and the staff there were helpful and supportive towards my son's unique needs. My husband and I felt more attacked then supported by the district. With unrealistic time frames for improvement. Continual miscommunication as to what the district felt would be helpful, along with a general dismissal as to what his teacher seem to say was working for my child. We we're also left feeling as if the district felt we we're unaware of our childs issues. The parents at the school are very involved and for new students the staff makes children feel special and accepted.

Posted April 18, 2009
I love this school. They have great communication with parents. The school has many activities through out the school year.

Western Trails Elementary School 4

Posted July 16, 2008

Posted April 18, 2008
Our 7 year experience with Western Trails has been excellent. Both kids are thriving and well prepared for Jay Stream Middle School. Most of the teachers have shown a personal interest in our kids. The secretaries are marvelous to communicate with. The administration is actively involved with all the extra curricular events. I love the diverse population of students. My kids have literally no conceptions of stigmas or stereotypes based on appearance or race which I am certain is a benefit of this student population. This is a five star school.

Western Trails Elementary School 1

Posted January 29, 2008

Posted July 30, 2007
This was the first year my son was in school. I loved his teacher and the wonderful structure he had in her classroom.

Western Trails Elementary School
860 Idaho Street, Carol Stream, IL  60188
Last modified Western Trails Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Western Trails Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top