Carol Stream, IL
Students enrolled: 2,587

Glenbard North High School 2

Posted October 20, 2013
While many people who go through the school find it a positive influence, it is overall not so. While the general culture of the school is generally positive, it is also problematic. Most students either focus on sports or other extracirricular activities which have no educational potential. Though many students care significantly about acedemic performace, they generally regard this only through means of "playing the system" to achieve high grades, not actually as an educational opportunity. Almost all of the students, even in honors and AP courses cheat at some point during the course of their educational career. I currently attend the school as a junior, and have been asked six times this year (currently the end of the first quarter) if to have my homework copied, and once to allow another student to see a test. I declined on each count While this sort of cheating is pervasive in America, it seems pathetically nonchillant and its importance as a factor destroying the education system is entirely ignored here.

Posted September 30, 2013
I never realized how wonderful the academic program and how rare the achievement oriented culture was at GBN until I went to College and realized how much better I had over so many others that I met.

Glenbard North High School 4

Posted March 26, 2013
Glenbard north is a stupendous school. even if you do have gifted children they will love gbn. everybody is so open and helpful to everyone. I am a freshman this year and transferring to a new school was difficult but there are so many helpful people there.

Posted November 11, 2009
Glenbard North is a very accepting high school that places me in classes that I'm challenged in. They offer clubs for almost all types of people, and most importantly offer a good learning environment.

Glenbard North High School 4

Posted October 25, 2008
My daughter takes mostly honors courses. The are very high quality courses with HIGH expectations of the students. Very Pleased.

Posted August 13, 2008
Had 2 students attend, one honors one special ed. Both programs were top notch. Special ed went above and beyond.

Posted August 04, 2008
I you have a gifted child, this would be a great school for you. AP classes, extracurricular activities, it's all there. However, I'm not sure what is left for the average or unmotivated child. I have had three average children go there, and none of them flourished there, and they did not go on to college. We have had some caring staff help our kids, particularly their advisors. However, in a school this big, bureauocracy substitutes for personal attention.

Posted July 18, 2008
Great school!!! No complaints at all. Very academically driven and great opportunity for sports.

Posted November 03, 2007
What a great school. I'm so happy about the achievement my kids have made here. I find the teachers and staff very caring and available. Super honors and AP classes for admissions in top universities.

Glenbard North High School 2

Posted August 25, 2007
many of the teachers don't care at all. i've tried to find help in classes many times, but the teachers seem to be unwilling to help. the new principal doesn't seem to be working on improving teachers, all he wants to do is enforce ridiculous rules like no being late to lunch.

990 Kuhn Road, Carol Stream, IL  60188
Last modified Glenbard North High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glenbard North High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top