Dundee-Crown High School

Public | 9-12 | 2512 students

Posted May 1, 2008

What is with all of these parent reviews? Shouldn't students be the ones rating the school since they attend the school? I graduated from Dundee Crown in 2007 and think the school is not very good. I suppose it isn't a problem with Dundee Crown itself, but the entire public school system. Don't get me wrong, the people are great, but the education obtained from the school is garbage. IUpon attending a four year university, I had to revamp my entire outlook on school. What I mean is,

Posted October 4, 2007

I am a former student from Dundee-Crown and have only great experiences from it. The schools diversity sets it a part from any school in the area and gives you life lessons as well as a great education. I am a scholarship athlete at a University and I believe Dundee-Crown was obne of the main reasons I've been so successful!!!

Posted September 19, 2006

As a 'new' parent of an incoming Freshman, we have only rave reviews and not only from us but our daughter 'loves' her school. DCHS has made the transition into High School so smooth and a very wonderful experience - we would choose DCHS over any other High School in out district! Keep up the great work!

Posted June 19, 2006

My son has been to Dundee Crown. First impression was not that good. However, the school has got high education standards and takes keen interest in the education of each students by keeping parents in check with the grades and performance.

Posted December 6, 2005

For motivated students, every opportunity is there at D-CHS to succeed. The teachers are on average out-standing and the principal runs a tight ship. Guidance department is tops but very over-loaded. The key is to plan the four year curriculum up-front. Parents should be involved early and stay involved through out the four years. Many students go on to successful careers from this diverse high school.

Posted May 19, 2005

I attend this school and its an alright school. there are much better high-schools out there but i wouldn't go anywhere else. I dont know if i'd reccommend this school to anyone i guess you'd have to go there and experience it yourself.

Posted March 23, 2005

I think Dundee Crown is amazing. My brother went to the other high school(Jacobs) in our district and my parents have been very impressed with DC. I'm involved with poms, 5 different clubs, and the music programs. I feel that if there was anything I was into I would be able to find some kind of group who enjoyed the same things. I also love the diversity because there are so many interesting people and it makes high school more like college and the 'real world'. I disagree with the previous comment, except for our english dept. we also have amazing history and math teachers. Our bands and orchestras are phenominal and the sports teams are well-recognized and are appreciated by the school. Thanks DC for 4 awesome years.

Posted August 13, 2004

My experience is that this school does not stand by or help it's students or parents. My son was an average student and a excellent athlete. But received no help with college prepration. My son actually thought he didn't excell in sports. Even though he broke several records and holds several. I wished my son would have taken my offer to transfer, but he loved his school. I think they should take a stronger role in helping parents like myself who knows nothing of the system. Not to be totally negative I must also add that the English Dept has one of the best English teachers around. Mrs Ferrel. My son loved her. She is one teacher who cares about her students.

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 55% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Illinois used the Prairie State Achievement Examination (PSAE) to test students in grade 11 in reading, math and science. The PSAE is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Illinois. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Source: Illinois State Board of Education

Non-low income67%
Students with disabilities (IEP)15%
Students without disabilities41%
Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

The different student groups are identified by the Illinois State Board of Education. If there are a small number of students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Source: Illinois State Board of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Test score rating
College readiness rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

This school
District
State

College readiness rating 20132What's this?

This school
District
State

Average ACT score

Graduation rate

81.9%

1 Test scores are based on 2012-13 ISAT results from the state of Illinois.

2 This rating is based on composite ACT scores and four-year adjusted graduation rates from 2012-13.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 4%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1500 Kings Road