Dundee-Crown High School

Public | 9-12

Posted July 7, 2014

I'm an incoming junior for the 2014-2015 school year I've had one year at Jacobs (freshmen) and a year at crown (sophomore). I am very happy with the change that I made, crown has a more involved community they have clubs for everyone and a wide variety music, welding, plastics, robotics etc. I have gotten myself more involved when I made the change. Dundee crown has very little "gang" issues like people seem to think. It has definitely helped me realize who I am and grow as a person. Jacobs kind of pushed me to the side teachers and friends. Dundee is more professional and I have met a lot of great friends! If recommend this school to everyone!

Posted October 12, 2013

This is my second year at Dundee-Crown and I love the school. We have great sports teams and a great student section. Last year as a freshman it was so cool winning Battle of the Fan from Comcast. I mean Dundee-Crown is not talked about as a good school but it really is. No you are not going to get shot walking down the hallway. So many things have changed through the years, and it's not as bad as it was a couple years ago. Teachers are helpful and do suggest tutoring a lot, the only downside is if you cannot go to after school because of other commitments, you have no asp (Juniors, and Seniors) or you have other classes you're failing. But all in all it's a great school with great students and staff.

Posted June 8, 2013

There are a lot of gang members at this school! It's not a very safe place to be at -_-

Posted December 30, 2012

Dundee Crown is a great school. My children have been very successful here, graduating with honors and attend Big 10 schools with scholarships. Dundee Crown represents a real world high school experience and prepares the students well for their future. The staff and administration are in tuned with the student body and their needs.

Posted November 26, 2012

My son is a freshman! He is in many honors classes and feels challenged academically! He has been accepted socially and really enjoys his classes and the learning environment! He is a football player and wrestler! My son loves being part of the audience for varsity games! Dundee Crown is a perfect fit for my son! I can't wait for my daughter to have similar experiences when she enters the school.

Posted October 21, 2012

I am a freshman at Dundee Crown this year, and my experience hasn't been very welcoming. The environment is chaotic, there are people misbehaving without punishment, and many things are to my dislike. The teacher's here are good, and I have no complaint on them. I do believe there should be a different punishment system. Out of school suspensions are practically giving students a vacation. In school suspensions are neither beneficial to the school or to the students. I think there should be a more efficient punishment that teaches students a lesson for what they have done, so they do not misbehave. I also believe that there should be a stricter dress code for girls. A lot of them come to school in ridiculously short shorts, and shirts that go way too low in the chest area. Personally I find it sickening. If you have a choice to go to a different school, go to a different school.

Posted January 23, 2012

Horrible school with chaotic environment. The truancy numbers say it all. My IEP student got absolutely no support or help at this school---they failed him miserably. Overcrowded classrooms and teachers have given up trying to control the awful behavior. Removed our child from this toxic environment. View the Illinois state report card. No responsible parent would deliberately choose this school.

Posted April 27, 2010

Fantastic leadership, fantastic teachers and fantastic extracurriculars and clubs. What a great school this is!

Posted November 5, 2009

The teachers and counselors are excellent. My son has only received support from all of them.

Posted September 17, 2009

Dundee Crown High School takes the time to acknowledge students who excel academically. My daughter has been an Honor Roll Student throughout her school years and was never acknowledged by previous schools she attended. Dundee Crown High School was the first school to give her a certificate for High Honors. Thanks Dundee Crown for acknowledging her hard work:-)

Posted September 16, 2009

My daughter is in her second year at DCHS. She really likes it there and we haven't had any problems. I attended a top 3 Chicago H.S. and I think that DCHS is equal if not better then the H.S. I attended. There is a diverse student population which I believe just adds to her education experience. I highly recommend DCHS.

Posted September 11, 2009

I have had three children attend Dundee Crown. This is not the worst school, but it is not a good school either. If you have a choice, pick a different school.

Posted June 17, 2009

We were amazed at how many Ill. State Scholars came from Dundee Crown, and how many students who have attended have scored into the high 20s and low 30s on their ACT scores in the last several years, GO CHARGERS! #1 ranked Boys B-Ball in Suburbs 2009. Thank You staff at DC! Thank You Parents! Thank You students, you have one great school here!

Posted June 16, 2009

Quite a few teachers can be disrespectful but there are some amazing teachers too.

Posted April 21, 2009

Dundee-Crown provided challenging curriculum and vast amounts of opportunities to get involved, both in school and in the community. I recieved an education that prepared me for college while building relationships with teachers and coaches that took an honest interest in seeing me succeed.

Posted February 8, 2009

We have recommended DCHS to our friends for their children, and everyone has been extremely satisfied wth the staff, spirit, counselors, academics, athletics, honors classes, parental involvement, and how well their children grown from their experience at the high school. Go Chargers!

Posted December 18, 2008

I went to my freshman year at Crown and am now doing my sophomore year at Jacobs due to boundary change. And I think that Crown is by far a better school, they teach you life lessons, and the kids over their are great and not judgmental what so ever. So if you have the opportunity go to Crown!!

Posted August 27, 2008

As a parent with several students at DCHS, I feel staff could be more requiring of the entire student body, not just those on a college track. In fact, upper District administration need to recognize this and offer same number of AP and Honors classes provided at other district high school.

Posted June 16, 2008

I am a freshman at Dundee Crown. DC has the most spirit and we get a good education. If a child fails, it's not the teachers fault, but it's the students and parents fault.

Posted June 8, 2008

I'd have to say I disagree with the comment below. The school does offer an amazing Honors program and we have been adding AP courses in History, English, Math and Science that are available to junior ands seniors. There is a lot of diversity in the student body and our athletic program continues to grow. Just this year, our music program was acknowledged as one of the Top in our NATION.

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 55% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Illinois used the Prairie State Achievement Examination (PSAE) to test students in grade 11 in reading, math and science. The PSAE is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Illinois. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Source: Illinois State Board of Education

Non-low income67%
Students with disabilities (IEP)15%
Students without disabilities41%
Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

The different student groups are identified by the Illinois State Board of Education. If there are a small number of students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Source: Illinois State Board of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Test score rating
College readiness rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

This school
District
State

College readiness rating 20132What's this?

This school
District
State

Average ACT score

Graduation rate

81.9%

1 Test scores are based on 2012-13 ISAT results from the state of Illinois.

2 This rating is based on composite ACT scores and four-year adjusted graduation rates from 2012-13.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 4%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1500 Kings Road