Carpentersville, IL

Posted July 07, 2014
I'm an incoming junior for the 2014-2015 school year I've had one year at Jacobs (freshmen) and a year at crown (sophomore). I am very happy with the change that I made, crown has a more involved community they have clubs for everyone and a wide variety music, welding, plastics, robotics etc. I have gotten myself more involved when I made the change. Dundee crown has very little "gang" issues like people seem to think. It has definitely helped me realize who I am and grow as a person. Jacobs kind of pushed me to the side teachers and friends. Dundee is more professional and I have met a lot of great friends! If recommend this school to everyone!

Posted October 12, 2013
This is my second year at Dundee-Crown and I love the school. We have great sports teams and a great student section. Last year as a freshman it was so cool winning Battle of the Fan from Comcast. I mean Dundee-Crown is not talked about as a good school but it really is. No you are not going to get shot walking down the hallway. So many things have changed through the years, and it's not as bad as it was a couple years ago. Teachers are helpful and do suggest tutoring a lot, the only downside is if you cannot go to after school because of other commitments, you have no asp (Juniors, and Seniors) or you have other classes you're failing. But all in all it's a great school with great students and staff.

Dundee-Crown High School 1

Posted June 08, 2013
There are a lot of gang members at this school! It's not a very safe place to be at -_-

Posted December 30, 2012
Dundee Crown is a great school. My children have been very successful here, graduating with honors and attend Big 10 schools with scholarships. Dundee Crown represents a real world high school experience and prepares the students well for their future. The staff and administration are in tuned with the student body and their needs.

Posted November 26, 2012
My son is a freshman! He is in many honors classes and feels challenged academically! He has been accepted socially and really enjoys his classes and the learning environment! He is a football player and wrestler! My son loves being part of the audience for varsity games! Dundee Crown is a perfect fit for my son! I can't wait for my daughter to have similar experiences when she enters the school.

Dundee-Crown High School 2

Posted October 21, 2012
I am a freshman at Dundee Crown this year, and my experience hasn't been very welcoming. The environment is chaotic, there are people misbehaving without punishment, and many things are to my dislike. The teacher's here are good, and I have no complaint on them. I do believe there should be a different punishment system. Out of school suspensions are practically giving students a vacation. In school suspensions are neither beneficial to the school or to the students. I think there should be a more efficient punishment that teaches students a lesson for what they have done, so they do not misbehave. I also believe that there should be a stricter dress code for girls. A lot of them come to school in ridiculously short shorts, and shirts that go way too low in the chest area. Personally I find it sickening. If you have a choice to go to a different school, go to a different school.

Dundee-Crown High School 1

Posted January 23, 2012
Horrible school with chaotic environment. The truancy numbers say it all. My IEP student got absolutely no support or help at this school---they failed him miserably. Overcrowded classrooms and teachers have given up trying to control the awful behavior. Removed our child from this toxic environment. View the Illinois state report card. No responsible parent would deliberately choose this school.

Posted April 27, 2010
Fantastic leadership, fantastic teachers and fantastic extracurriculars and clubs. What a great school this is!

Posted November 05, 2009
The teachers and counselors are excellent. My son has only received support from all of them.

Dundee-Crown High School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
Dundee Crown High School takes the time to acknowledge students who excel academically. My daughter has been an Honor Roll Student throughout her school years and was never acknowledged by previous schools she attended. Dundee Crown High School was the first school to give her a certificate for High Honors. Thanks Dundee Crown for acknowledging her hard work:-)

Dundee-Crown High School
1500 Kings Road, Carpentersville, IL  60110
Last modified Dundee-Crown High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dundee-Crown High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top