Cary-Grove Community High School 1

Posted December 11, 2014
Cary Grove is the worst school I've ever been to. The kids here are stuck up, the teacher are rude, none of the counselers that are suppose to give you advice don't care about you, too much drama, and the list just go on and on. If I were you never ever go to this high school, it makes me sick to my stomach coming here everyday.

Posted November 23, 2014
Cary Grove is a great high school with great academics and sports. We have great teachers, however there are a few that aren't so good, this is to a minimum. I feel very lucky to be going to Cary Grove. The bad ratings coming from parents about this are just wrong. I feel as though their student is misleading them or lying to them, however, I am not certain. Please not that no students have given this school a bad rating.

Posted June 08, 2014
Cary-Grove is the best high school in McHenry County, and competitive with those in other Chicago collar counties. Their offering of honors and AP courses is expanding as they try to challenge students to reach their potential. Most of the teachers are very good or better and care about the success of their students (although there are always some better than others). Most of the athletic teams are top in the conference, and the fine arts (especially music) department garners high participation rates from the student body. In fact, a new auditorium is being built this summer. Yes, there are a minority of kids who are involved with drugs and alcohol, but I think that's impossible to avoid anywhere. I haven't heard of much gang activity at the school, if any. Bullying seems to be at a minimum, and in fact know of a student who transferred here from the nearer NW suburbs who was bullied at her old school, but finds C-G to be very friendly and welcoming and much better than her old school in this area. If your children apply themselves and seek opportunities to be involved at this school, they will have a wonderful high school experience.

Posted September 16, 2009
Cary-Grove is a great high school. I'm not involved in any sports but there are so many other options to choose from. For example, interact. Interact is something everyone can do and you just help out your community. All the teachers are really great and understand that you have other classes that you need to tend to. I'm pretty positive nobody ever gets 5 hours of hoework everyday, thats a joke.

Posted April 30, 2008
I think Cary Grove is a fine high school-in saying that I think people need to understand high school is high school. There are rowdy seniors, PDA filled hallways, and crowded hallways. But CG also has amazing teachers, classes, and extraciriculars. It is a healthy safe environment that welcomes newcomers like old friends. I'm happy to go to CG.

Posted March 24, 2008
teachers here are great. only if the students take them to the full advantage. they really can make a difference!

Posted November 21, 2007
Cary Grove High School is a results school based on studnet involvement in and with a highly deversified activitiy program. Since the student programs emphasize student involvement and community connection, students who do not naturally extend themselves to extra-curricular activities will not fully benefit from their Cary Grove experience. The academic program is on par with Illinois State Standards and rates higher than the state's academic performance norms. We believe our 2 students in the Cary Grove program will elect to enter college / university and be accepted to the degree program of thier choice because of the preparation they recieved at CGHS. We are most satisfied with CGHS and thier new principal, Jay Sargent.

Cary-Grove Community High School 1

Posted September 15, 2007
I'm sorry but this school just stinks. The teachers give hours of homework to my son everynight. They think their class is the only one. My son works from 4-9 pm on homework every night. It has taken over his life.

Posted September 10, 2007
I've been very happy with Cary Grove, and I think it prepared my son well for entering college at UIUC. They offer many AP/Honors classes where the students are challenged but get the personal attention to help them learn critical thinking skills. There are some really great teachers here, I'm sure there are also a few 'bad apples', but fortunately I've had few complaints from my son. The overall attitude of the students is pretty typical of sheltered and somewhat narrow-minded suburban kids, not a lot of diversity here. The administation is okay at best. There are some great supporting staff members in the guidance office, but the guidance counselors can be detached and impersonal. They weren't helpful at all in the college admissions process except in sending transcripts and paperwork, so best to educate yourself in that matter and not depend on the GCs for advice.

Cary-Grove Community High School 3

Posted February 07, 2007
Not Happy at All with this school. There is no attention to a Character Building Program with these kids and it shows in their attitudes towards eachother. Most Teacher here don't really care and it reflects on the students. Not enough help for kids that need it even with communication with the teachers. Very dissappointed and wish I never put my children in this district.

Cary-Grove Community High School
2208 3 Oaks Road, Cary, IL  60013
Last modified Cary-Grove Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cary-Grove Community High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top