Posted September 11, 2013
Holy Cross school offers strong academics (most students go on to Honors and AP classes at the H.S. level). What has become more important to me over the years is that it provides a second family for a child with caring teachers who give personalized attention. The emphasis on the visual and performing arts is really an asset, as is the support of the parents at the school. If you are looking for a place that will nurture your child to grow up to be a caring, compassionate person, you could not find a better atmosphere. What price can you put on that? My children look forward to school, have made life-long friends, and great memories (especially with all the fun activities at the school!). The teachers can focus on teaching, not discipline issues. It has a full music, art, band, and sports program, It puts on a professional-quality musical every year that provides an unparalleled drama experience at this level. Aftercare on premises is great. I have one son that just graduated and another now in the 6th grade. It is the best value in Champaign-Urbana and I highly recommend it.

Posted June 02, 2013
I cannot say enough wonderful things about this great school! Our son just completed Kindergarten, and we are so pleased with the first year he had. Holy Cross focuses on giving back to others. Our son has become so much more compassionate about the world around him and I know this school had a lot to do with that! He actually wants to give a dollar from his piggy bank to charity when he knows others are in need. A warm and perfect place to send your little ones! And compared to Champaign schools, ZERO violent incidents. That says a lot! And, the teachers and staff are A++ and very committed to all of the children.

Posted April 25, 2013
I have 3 kids at Holy Cross ranging from kindergarten to 6th grade and LOVE this school! They have been fortunate enough to have great teachers that work with them and teach them not only acadmic skills, but life skills as well. The school is like a second family to them where all the parents and teachers know each other. I cannot recommend this school enough!

Holy Cross Elementary School 4

Posted April 23, 2013
Excellent School! I sent my two kids through it from K-8. Great balance of academics, athletics and service. They have field trips near and far, and a family atmosphere. Worth every dime! Also has a great after-school program. The comment from 2012 about the algebra teacher- that was a first year teacher, and was replaced for the 2012-2013 school year. No place is perfect, sometimes they get the more _challenging_ students of the area, otherwise I'd give 5 stars. The school is also now AdvancED accredited. More info at http://www.holycrosselem.org/

Posted April 16, 2013
Holy Cross is an excellent school. My sons attended Holy Cross and were well prepared for high school and college. The older son attended the University of Illinois and the younger son attended the Naval Academy. Both boys have master degrees. I am convinced that attending Holy Cross school and church started them on the right path to be successful later in life.

Holy Cross Elementary School 1

Posted February 01, 2012
My daughters go to Holy Cross school but teachers are talk too much ,doesn't teach well . Math (Algebra) teacher is not good explanation. Mostly students are going to tutoring outside the school because they didn't understand the concept

Posted April 03, 2011
We thank God everyday for Holy Cross!!! This is the best kept secret in Champaign. We found a home at his school. My children have bloom since they entered this school. You can find many other benefits beside the great caring teachers & staff; wonderful coachs & sports teams, dedicated parent volunteers,outstanding music & drama, strong Scouting opportunites, and community services outreach. May God grant you another 100 years! Nancy

Posted February 27, 2011
Excellent school with dedicated principal and teachers who really care about the direction and care of the children. Couple this with a wonderful church and you have a great place for children to learn and follow in the footsteps of Christ.

Holy Cross Elementary School 0

Posted May 20, 2010
Extremely dedicated teachers and all staff'principal. Excellent curriculum and truly a family atmosphere.

Posted September 24, 2004
I have 2 kids in this school and they just love the school. Good teachers, a challenging cirriculum and lots of parent involvement. Some of the teachers previously taught at the public school and now would not think of teaching anywhere else. There are a wide variety of backgrounds of the kids. Discipline is fair but firm. The principal is an excellent teacher and administrator. When someone asks me where they should send their children I always direct them toward Holy Cross.

Holy Cross Elementary School
410 West White Street, Champaign, IL  61820
Last modified Holy Cross Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Holy Cross Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top