No rating

Judah Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 543 students

Living in Champaign

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $119,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Posted February 17, 2014

This is my first year at Judah. Everyone is my friend and the teachers are really nice. I thank my parents for sending me here. I feel really lucky.

Posted January 14, 2014

We are so pleased with Judah Christian School! Our children are new to the school this year and couldn't be happier! The principals are very organized and professional. The teachers give 100% to the children and really build them up. The parent organization committee hosts wonderful events and everyone has been very welcoming! Our family feels so blessed to be a part of the Judah Christian family.

Posted January 11, 2014

My daughter with special needs (ADHD, OCD, SPD) has attended Judah from age 3-present (5th grade). My daughter knows she is loved by everyone from the janitor to the lunch workers to the principal. Everyone knows her name and her situation and goes above & beyond to be sure she feels safe & happy. Her academics are challenging & stimulating. She loves the team sports, band, and clubs that are offered. The faculty & families are wonderful & welcoming. She has learned to apply her faith & grow spiritually. We love Judah!

Posted December 7, 2013

This is my junior high student's first year at Judah and it has been such a blessing. Coming up to the end of the first semester and my child is happy. The students are nice, the workload is manageable, and the teachers/administation/coaches are great with the kids. Thank you, JCS!

Posted November 17, 2013

Excellence! It isn't the building that makes a school. . . it's the students, faculty and staff, and parents, all desiring to keep God in the center of everything. Judah Christian School is an excellent school because it has rigorous academics, and nurturing teachers who love their jobs and the students they teach. It's also a community of parents who care about their children's education and well-being. The parents don't expect the school to raise their children. They are raised up by teachers and parents who work together to help every student excel. God shows up at Judah because he us welcome. No excuses--just results!

Posted October 19, 2013

YOU CAN'T SEND YOUR CHILDREN TO MILITARY SCHOOL AND THEN BE DISAPPOINTED BECAUSE THEY'RE ARE EXPECTED TO FOLLOW A STRICT REGIMEN RIGHT?... JUDAH IS AN EXCELLENT SCHOOL BE PREPARED TO EXPERIENCE GOD'S LOVE AND DISCIPLINE ALL THE TIME! -For the fear of the Lord is wisdom and discipline.

Posted August 16, 2013

I'm a student at Judah and overall it's an awesome school! It's very safe, with teachers who really care and put their all into teaching. This school strengthens you for life and teaches great messages educationally. emotionally and spiritually. One thing that I have a problem with is the dress code and I think I'm speaking for almost everyone in my grade when I say, I don't agree with not allowing skinny jeans, shorts, (fingertip rule) and a shirt that isn't a turtleneck or collar but is still apropriate. Also now that i'm in junior high I have to wear courderoy or twill pants >:(. If I found a school like Judah but with a less conservative dress code I would switch in a heartbeat! But overall it's pretty good.

Posted February 7, 2013

I was home-schooled my entire life until I decided to come to Judah Christian School for my freshman year of high school. Ever since my first day of high school, I've grown to love this school as I've grown to love God. From personal experience I can assure anyone that may be considering going to Judah that it is an amazing school. By reading some of the other reviews on this page I noticed that there were a few people who felt as if Judah was a bad influence on them. Judah, like any other school, has its problems; but, in general, JCS is a positive influence. I believe the atmosphere of the school changes from year to year, whether good or bad, because of the students--not the teachers. Every high school teacher that I have had a class with since freshman year has been an incredible blessing on my life. They are encouraging and friendly yet educationally sound. I would highly recommend this school to anyone seeking a good Christian education. I hope this helps anyone looking at possibly sending their child to Judah Christian School.

Posted February 3, 2012

I'm shocked to see the one star review here. Clearly an isolated incident. I am a graduate of the school and have my three children enrolled now. The educational program is fantastic. My kids are easily a grade level ahead of their friends in the public school. The students work hard, but the environment is far from cold or authoritarian. The teachers are fantastic. Down to earth, friendly and approachable. The clip chart is a way to reward students for demonstrating Christ-like behavior and to help those who are struggling set weekly goals to improve. Nothing more. Come visit the school (Friday open-houses starting soon) and see for yourself. My kids love their teachers so much they invite them (and former teachers) to their birthday party every year. A safe and loving environment with an emphasis on educational excellence.

Posted November 6, 2011

While the academics are fine, the emotional climate is cold, authoritarian, rigid and harsh. Students are scolded for things as ridiculous as getting their homework done early and talking outside during a fire drill. Teachers assert rigid control over students using threats associated with a clip chart. Emotionally insensitive and highly critical. Teachers gossip about parents behind their backs. Anyone who complains is blacklisted. This was my experience. Other dissatisifed parents know to keep their heads down and their mouths shut. We removed our son.

Posted October 25, 2010

I am a former student of Judah and I am extremely thankful that I was able to attend this school. While I was a student, I liked the school, the teachers, the atmosphere, etc and looking back I realize how it is even better than I had realized while attending school there. The academics at Judah are excellent and ahead of the public schools by 2-3 years. The spiritual atmosphere is encouraging and a wonderful place for students to be. Judah has helped me build a solid foundation on which my faith continues to grow. I don't have children, but if/when I do, I would gladly send them to Judah for school. It is a great school that builds an academic foundation for life as well as a spiritual foundation.

Posted September 1, 2008

With 3 attending, we are VERY happy with Judah! They are Christ centered from the admin, to the teachers, to the volunteers. The children have both an academically challenging education, as well as a loving and supportive environment in which to grow spiritually. Parent envlovement is high, and all are treated like family. The extra curricular activities are numerous, providing opportunities for the children to grow outside of the classroom. The only areas I would like to see improvement is in their diversity. There is a definite need for educators specializing in special needs throughout the school. Add'l language, music, and computer education during school would also be a nice improvment. Over all Judah is a wonderful school with the community feel, Christian center, and academic strength this community needs! You and your children will love it here!

Posted November 5, 2007

I am a mother of ten, and have five that attend Judah. We love it! God is first. A solid biblical foundation, safe atmosphere with love & respect, challenging curriculum, great support and ministries. We have many different church families represented at Judah and love the diversity. Come to visit. You will like what you see & hear, and what you do not! Its rewarding to see the older children mentoring the younger, and the younger looking up to the older. A great combination. We have had the privilege of watching Judah from its beginnings. The teachers, principals, administrators and support staff give their all. Judah is truly blessed by their talents, prayers and guidance.

Posted January 8, 2007

I am a parent and former public elementary school teacher with two children at the elementary level at Judah. I feel very blessed to have my children at Judah and am pleased they can go to school each day and learn about their Savior. The teachers and administration at Judah are exceptional! They know and care about my children, pray for them, and want them to grow in all areas, including spiritually. If you have a concern, they listen to you and work towards a solution. They have a vision for the future. I appreciate the challenging academics and the lack of discipline problems at Judah. I feel my children can go to school and learn without the disruption of discipline problems. The children are expected to behave in a God-pleasing manner, and they rise to this expectation. If a problem arises, it is dealt with appropriately and fairly. Great school!

Posted January 1, 2007

Judah provides my children not only with an excellent education, but the overall environment is one that is safe, nurturing, and teaches personal responsibility and respect towards others and the world they live in. I love the fact that my opinion matters and I can be as involved as I want to be in my children's education. Judah also offers a Christ-centered environment that bases everything in God's Holy Word. I wouldn't send my children anywhere else!

Posted December 30, 2006

My daughter just started this year at Judah. She is in the half-day kindergarten program. I have really enjoyed the experience so far. I appreciate the strong emphasis on spiritual training that Judah gives. Also, her teacher is very professional and does a wonderful job of making each child feel welcomed and special. My daughter had a very difficult time starting school, and her teacher really helped her to get started on the right foot. The most important thing to me, and the reason that I have chosen to send my daughter to Judah Christian School is that I know she is being taught the most important things she can learn- to love God and show love and kindness to others. If children don't learn this, all other knowledge is pointless. Judah's emphasis on the spiritual things is the best thing about this school.

Posted December 28, 2006

My children have attended Judah for 3 1/2 years and I can't say enough great things about the school. Academically, my kids are at least a grade level above their peers. More importantly, the school encourages each child to excel by becoming all that God has created them to be. The art and music programs are getting better every day and there is a renewed focus on athletics which promises to bring sports to the same level as the outstanding academic programs.

Posted December 28, 2006

Judah has been a great experience for our family. The kids have had exceptional teachers who give way more than is expected of them. They truly care for their students academically and spiritually. The academics are challenging and the teachers have held them accountable for their learning and behavior. Our family is very involved in the school through volunteering and we feel respected by the staff and administration. Our intention is to stay at Judah through H.S. Although Judah is not perfect and can not offer everything public schools can,(we can pray and teach the Bible though!) we have only seen the school get better in our 6 years of being there!

Posted December 27, 2006

Judah has been a fabulous educational experience for my children. The teachers and administration are willing to listen to concerns and work toward a resolution. They are kind, caring and compassionate and excellent Christian role models. The academics are challenging and interesting. Teachers give freely of themselves and work with students to develop skills and character. Discipline problems are rare and when they present themselves they are handled in an appropriate way and prayed about. There are many opportunites for parental involvement which most families readily embrace through classroom help to family events. The current school board listens to parents and strives to continue to improve the school.

Posted August 27, 2006

Judah christian School has admirable teachers. They are involved with the students and activly encourage them to their full potential. The schools discpline, however, is ridiculous. They attempt to control aspects of students lives which are outside of their authority. They bend rules to suit their purposes and punish the students for things which can be not be found anywhere in the student handbook or rules. The discipline is purely subjective and is nothing is written in stone, they dont stick with the rules they have, and the make up new rules which were never before mentioned.
—Submitted by a student

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 11% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Michael Chitty
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious