Champaign, IL

Posted February 17, 2014
This is my first year at Judah. Everyone is my friend and the teachers are really nice. I thank my parents for sending me here. I feel really lucky.

Posted January 14, 2014
We are so pleased with Judah Christian School! Our children are new to the school this year and couldn't be happier! The principals are very organized and professional. The teachers give 100% to the children and really build them up. The parent organization committee hosts wonderful events and everyone has been very welcoming! Our family feels so blessed to be a part of the Judah Christian family.

Posted January 11, 2014
My daughter with special needs (ADHD, OCD, SPD) has attended Judah from age 3-present (5th grade). My daughter knows she is loved by everyone from the janitor to the lunch workers to the principal. Everyone knows her name and her situation and goes above & beyond to be sure she feels safe & happy. Her academics are challenging & stimulating. She loves the team sports, band, and clubs that are offered. The faculty & families are wonderful & welcoming. She has learned to apply her faith & grow spiritually. We love Judah!

Posted December 07, 2013
This is my junior high student's first year at Judah and it has been such a blessing. Coming up to the end of the first semester and my child is happy. The students are nice, the workload is manageable, and the teachers/administation/coaches are great with the kids. Thank you, JCS!

Posted November 17, 2013
Excellence! It isn't the building that makes a school. . . it's the students, faculty and staff, and parents, all desiring to keep God in the center of everything. Judah Christian School is an excellent school because it has rigorous academics, and nurturing teachers who love their jobs and the students they teach. It's also a community of parents who care about their children's education and well-being. The parents don't expect the school to raise their children. They are raised up by teachers and parents who work together to help every student excel. God shows up at Judah because he us welcome. No excuses--just results!

Judah Christian School 4

Posted October 19, 2013
YOU CAN'T SEND YOUR CHILDREN TO MILITARY SCHOOL AND THEN BE DISAPPOINTED BECAUSE THEY'RE ARE EXPECTED TO FOLLOW A STRICT REGIMEN RIGHT?... JUDAH IS AN EXCELLENT SCHOOL BE PREPARED TO EXPERIENCE GOD'S LOVE AND DISCIPLINE ALL THE TIME! -For the fear of the Lord is wisdom and discipline.

Judah Christian School 4

Posted August 16, 2013
I'm a student at Judah and overall it's an awesome school! It's very safe, with teachers who really care and put their all into teaching. This school strengthens you for life and teaches great messages educationally. emotionally and spiritually. One thing that I have a problem with is the dress code and I think I'm speaking for almost everyone in my grade when I say, I don't agree with not allowing skinny jeans, shorts, (fingertip rule) and a shirt that isn't a turtleneck or collar but is still apropriate. Also now that i'm in junior high I have to wear courderoy or twill pants >:(. If I found a school like Judah but with a less conservative dress code I would switch in a heartbeat! But overall it's pretty good.

Posted February 07, 2013
I was home-schooled my entire life until I decided to come to Judah Christian School for my freshman year of high school. Ever since my first day of high school, I've grown to love this school as I've grown to love God. From personal experience I can assure anyone that may be considering going to Judah that it is an amazing school. By reading some of the other reviews on this page I noticed that there were a few people who felt as if Judah was a bad influence on them. Judah, like any other school, has its problems; but, in general, JCS is a positive influence. I believe the atmosphere of the school changes from year to year, whether good or bad, because of the students--not the teachers. Every high school teacher that I have had a class with since freshman year has been an incredible blessing on my life. They are encouraging and friendly yet educationally sound. I would highly recommend this school to anyone seeking a good Christian education. I hope this helps anyone looking at possibly sending their child to Judah Christian School.

Posted February 03, 2012
I'm shocked to see the one star review here. Clearly an isolated incident. I am a graduate of the school and have my three children enrolled now. The educational program is fantastic. My kids are easily a grade level ahead of their friends in the public school. The students work hard, but the environment is far from cold or authoritarian. The teachers are fantastic. Down to earth, friendly and approachable. The clip chart is a way to reward students for demonstrating Christ-like behavior and to help those who are struggling set weekly goals to improve. Nothing more. Come visit the school (Friday open-houses starting soon) and see for yourself. My kids love their teachers so much they invite them (and former teachers) to their birthday party every year. A safe and loving environment with an emphasis on educational excellence.

Judah Christian School 1

Posted November 06, 2011
While the academics are fine, the emotional climate is cold, authoritarian, rigid and harsh. Students are scolded for things as ridiculous as getting their homework done early and talking outside during a fire drill. Teachers assert rigid control over students using threats associated with a clip chart. Emotionally insensitive and highly critical. Teachers gossip about parents behind their backs. Anyone who complains is blacklisted. This was my experience. Other dissatisifed parents know to keep their heads down and their mouths shut. We removed our son.

Judah Christian School
908 North Prospect Avenue, Champaign, IL  61820
Last modified Judah Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Judah Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top