Champaign, IL

Posted October 23, 2014
St. Matthew school is wonderful. Our child has been a student there for seven years. He has excelled academically, spiritually and socially. The staff is great and the leadership provided by the principal and Pastor is fantastic. Our family would highly recommend St. Matthew school!

St Matthew School 1

Posted May 29, 2014
If we had to do it again we would have explored our options in the public school system, sent our children to CCD, and saved a lot of money. There is an elitist feeling to this school, and the bullies know how to put on an act. ALL of my friends' children went through the public school system, and are doing well today.

St Matthew School 1

Posted April 06, 2014
Unfortunately, we have not had a favorable experience at St. Matthew School. As a whole we feel there are just too many discipline problems with children being disrespectful to the teachers and each other. Obviously, every families experience is different, but this school was not a good fit for ours.

Posted March 05, 2014
Our son is in kindergarten this year and we have had an excellent experience so far! He has 13 students in his class and has an amazing teacher who encourages and challenges them. The amount of parent-teacher contact and communication is wonderful as she is very accessible by phone, email, notes and in person. I have felt informed and involved since school began. He went to Next Generation Preschool for 3 years and St. Matthews School has picked-up right where Next Gen left-off academically. The overall atmosphere at the school is calm, respectful and happy. The amount of parent involvement during the school day and during after-school activities is great! Spiritually, the Word of God is interwoven in all that they do...how they treat others, how they apply themselves and how they can help those who are less fortunate. St. Matthews School seems to be the best of both worlds....it is very traditional in values while very progressive in academics, arts, sports and social issues. When I drop my son off at school, I trust that he is in good hands.

Posted March 03, 2014
St. Matthew School is one of the best schools in the area. We have had children in this school for the past eleven years. My children have been challenged to perform at the highest levels both spiritually and academically. Students are actively engaged in the learning process with little time spent off task. Our principal is professional and creates genuine relationships with the students. We have been thrilled with the education our children have received. We are also feel blessed to have met so many wonderful families that have shared this incredible journey. If you are looking for a school that has strong leadership, rigorous instruction, and active parent involvement-St Matthew is the place for you and your child!

Posted March 03, 2014
We love this school. From the atmosphere to the teachers to the principal, it is top-notch. Our kids get a great education, and most of all a Christ-centered experience. We couldn't ask for a better school for our two (soon to be three) kids at St. Matts.

St Matthew School 4

Posted March 02, 2014
St. Matthew School offers a high-quality education plus faith formation. The teachers and support staff are wonderful. They are always accessible and really care about the students. The teachers offer many opportunities for additional help before and after school. My eldest recently graduated from St. Matthew and is now attending a public high school. Thanks to the preparation he received at St. Matthew, he is now in accelerated courses at the public school and doing very well. St. Matthew School encourages parental involvement, and the parents club hosts family nights and opportunities for fellowship.

Posted February 28, 2014
I currently have two children at St. Matthew School . I am very happy with the faith based education that they are provided. I feel like the teachers and principle go out of their way to provide a positive environment for learning. One year, my son came home sick on Valentines Day, and his teacher came to our house to give him the cards that the other students had made him. The principle is outside in front of the school every morning greeting the kids as they enter the building. She is in the lunchroom at every lunch, helping and monitoring recess. St. Matthew teaches children about volunteering and giving back to the community. The priests visit the classrooms weekly and there is a school Mass every Friday. To sum it up, St. Matthew is a wonderful school with a great student body, wonderful educators and a devoted clergy. I can't say enough good about this school. We love it!

Posted February 27, 2014
I have sent two children through St. Matthew and we have been quite pleased with our children's education. When our oldest started kindergarten 10 years ago, we were welcomed by parents and staff alike. The teachers are warm and caring, and if a child needs extra help, they are more than willing to stay late, come in early, and do whatever they can to help a child succeed. I know this from personal experience as well as from the experience of friends. In addition, our principal is amazing. She is accessible and fair-minded, and takes students' and parents' complaints seriously. Of course, no school is perfect, and we do have students who get bullied, including my son. However, his teachers took our concerns very seriously and paid special attention to what was going on and squelched the bullies in their tracks. We were very pleased with the response. Most importantly, we love that the priests are in the classroom on a weekly basis, teaching religion to our children. This is so important to their moral development, and I cannot overstate how important it is to the atmosphere of our school. I would recommend St. Matt's without reservation.

Posted February 27, 2014
St Matthew s offers not only an education, but also fellowship. The school offers many opportunities for fellowship throughout the year. Events like the Book Fair, miniature golf outing, family fun nights, trivia nights, parent appreciation day, the Winter Carnival, and much more. I like the fact that parents are engaged in their child s education and in teaching their child to behave in a suitable manner. These behaviors are consistently shown by the support parents show for the school through volunteer hours and through their attendance at school events. In my opinion, administration at St Matthews believes parents are the first level of education and discipline support for a child. However, they take bullying and inappropriate behavior seriously. They recently hosted a presentation about cyber bullying to not only the older kids, but also to the parents. The younger kids participate in role playing throughout the year about bullying and how to handle it. Unfortunately, bullying happens in all school, but I feel St Matthews spends a lot of time throughout the year to educate the kids and parents on how to reduce the incidences.

St Matthew School