Bad
Good

Garden Hills Elementary School 4

Posted August 15, 2013
This school is great! It's part of an international baccelaureate program and provides inquiry based learning to the kids. It's challenging, but helps kids to become more prepared for real world challenges. This school is freshly rennovated, and also has good gifted programs.

Garden Hills Elementary School 2

Posted August 20, 2012
The time my children have had at this school has been less then stellar. The classroom experience is low quality. I'm not going to point the finger at the teacher exactly, but the classes in which my children were in both had behavioral issues. Many of the children did not listen to the teacher. The teacher had limited control over the students even at the end of the school year. Those were just the times I was there. I can only imagine what the atmosphere was like when a parent wasn't present. I brought my issues to the principal. I offered ideas to help improve the school environment. The principal was not open to any of the ideas. It's bad enough if the school is in a state of distress but for a principal to not be receptive to the help from parents is disappointing. My children will not be attending school there this year. We moved to a town just outside of the school district. Even if we had stayed in the school's district I would have transferred my children out of this school.

Garden Hills Elementary School 5

Posted August 03, 2011
I LOVE this school... My son was in Kindergarten last year & has made such progress. The staff is wonderful & it has been easy to maintain a positive relationship with his teachers. The school was recently remodeled & it focuses a lot on different cultures/ethnic backgrounds. My son's class had a few children with learning disabilities & they pushed compassion & love which reflected a lot on his character. His reading skills are through the roof as well as math. I feel they taught him above and beyond my expectations & I feel confident that he will continue to excel. Again, this school is one of the best that I've seen.

Posted September 29, 2009
We have a great staff! We work like a well oiled machine and we all agree it's all about the kids!

Posted September 28, 2009
The staff is the best! My daughter is doing great and has learned so much. She shares her stories with me daily, as well as reads to me. She is in Mr. H & Mrs. Kleebers first grade class they rock. Last year Mrs. Pacey made me feel so comfortable sending my daughter to kindergarten, she is great. Mrs. O'leary the principle and Mr. Fisher the assistant principle to a fabulous job keeping the school on track. Thank you so much! Garden Hills is the best.

2001 Garden Hills Dr, Champaign, IL  61821
Last modified Garden Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.