Champaign, IL

Kenwood Elementary School 2

Posted March 14, 2014
School is great, some staff are fantastic . My little advice; don't just be too quick to accept your child in any classroom or teacher if you don't want your child to hate school for life nor be reluctant in going to class feeling afraid that the teacher is a bully.

Posted January 09, 2014
Outstading! The staff and administration at Kenwood Elementary are a prime example of what is right with our schools! I met with the staff today for a tour of the facilities (which I've not been offered in 5 years at our previous school district) We were personally escorted through the school by Mrs. Garen the principal. She is a delightful person that I can see is 100% dedicated to her children. I say her children because the longer I stayed the more it became obvious that each and every student felt at home with her. They would all run up to her for a hug or a high five she knew each of them by name. The office administrator Lori was also amazing she was like a mother hen as each child approached her desk she knew what each child's special "language" was. She spoke to them with sincere caring and kindness. The children all were so happy and excited to be there. The teachers and staff that I met were all focused on the kids and making them feel welcome, safe and engaged. This was not a warehouse full of kids and books, No this is a school this is a magical place where children are allowed to grow and spread their wings and feel safe to fly. These people are educators.

Posted October 24, 2013
Kenwood staff is amazing, they genuinely care about their students. Not only are they willing to work with parents but they encourage parents to get involved. I would highly recommend this school to any of my friends.

Posted April 23, 2010

Kenwood Elementary School 3

Posted October 03, 2005
Average school. We were satisified with the academic programs at the lower grade levels. The teachers recognized that we had a good reader at an early age and gave our child additional instruction.

Kenwood Elementary School
1001 Stratford Drive, Champaign, IL  61821
Last modified Kenwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kenwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top