Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

There is a serious problem about the lack of discipline in Robeson. On the surface the school administration appears to care but no serious action is taken towards bullies, mean and disrespectful children. Only 'talks' and they are sent back to their class. There is chaos in the classroom, violence, emotional and physical abuse b/w children. With so much behavorial issues to handle, there is little time for education. Our child has been constently insulted, dragged to the floor, pushed, punched and nothing changed. We are not finishing this first year at Robeson and transferring to private school.

There has been a gradual decline in the school environment over the last couple of years. I understand the pressures of testing, it just doesn't feel like my child is getting the education he once was.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

children are allowed to roam the halls, talk and be disruptive to the others learning. Prizes are given to the students that are the most disruptive.

My child attended in 2011-2012 for only four months and four months was enough. In his classroom alone he saw the following behaviors: a child cursing the teacher and climbing up a bookcase, a child who would often come into the room angry and slam the contents of his desk onto the floor, throwing his chair and picking up a wastebasket and hurling it at a fellow student, fighting, yelling, at least on other children throwing a chair, even a hard football hurtling across the room on the day a substitute was there. These were some angry children with real behavioral problems and the school did not have the matter under control at all. Our son was traumatized. We had to remove him. On the bright side, I understand that the school has new leadership now, so hopefully things will be improving soon, thanks to the efforts of some brave and bold parents. I know the earlier principal was doing her best, but she really had her work cut out for her.

My daughter loved her kindergarten experience here! When I toured several Champaign elementary schools, Robeson stood out from others. It is my top Champaign choice for many reasons. The building is smaller and is located in a safe neighborhood. The classrooms and playgrounds are small so teachers can easily observe all the students as they learn, play, talk, and have free time. I wanted the teacher to be able to stop any chance of bullying immediately, which she did. My daughter never had a problem with other children mistreating her. I like that the Kindergarten students are sheltered in their interactions with older students. The Kindergarten classrooms have their own bathroom, hallway, and lunchtime. The kindergarten students are picked up from school 5 minutes before any older students are let out. This was important to me because I wanted her 5-year-old innocence to be preserved. This school emphasizes respecting others. I have seen the teachers, students, parents, and principals respect each other in every situation I have observed. My daughter's ability and desire to read and write escalated very quickly in Kindergarten. Great learning environment! We love Robeson!

Administration here is very poor. Much unprofessional staff. Many parents unhappy with their children's experience at this school.

Very poor leadership and lots of parent and teacher dissatisfaction. School is in desperate need of competent, ethical and compassionate leadership.

After debating whether to send our kids to private or public, we ended up at Robeson and are THRILLED! The kids are challenged, well-disciplined and have fun! This year my son got to eat bugs as part of a science project (only if they wanted to)! The teaching staff is energetic, motivated and full of TLC for the kids. The PTA and parent support is amazing! We are so happy to have chosen public schools and continue to be impressed by Robeson and it's staff.

I am the parent of a current kindergartner. The whole idea of controlled choice was worrisome to me and my husband. We, like many first time kindergarten parents, wanted our child to have the best experience possible. We could not be happier! The teachers at Robeson are exceptional. They are well-educated, creative people who show the students genuine care and devotion. He loves school and that means so much to us. The expectations--both academically and socially--are high at Robeson. The teachers and staff dedicate each day to the progress of every student and it shows! Plus, the PTA is fabulous.

I don't even feel that this school should even rate a 1-star. My children were here and even though my daughter never had problems my son was verbally and physically harrassed. It escillated in to 3 physical "gang-like" attacks on the playground. Not even once was I called by the school. We finally pulled our children out and now attend private school.

Last modified Robeson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.