Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Her teacher uses a lot of best practices and good learning strategies that I used to use as a teacher.

Amount of homework: Agree

She has some reading to do every night, but not much else. That works for our family and she is learning so much at school I am happy with her progress.

We've only been here a few months since my daughter started K. She LOVES it. The teachers are great, she has learned a ton of stuff and she even loves the bus driver! Most of the kids we've met have been really nice, a lot of nice families, espeically at our bus stop. Such a great first school experience!

I love Ball!! We have two children with IEPs who have attended the school since age 3. The teachers have been wonderful and go above and beyond. The admin has been a dream to work with; they listen to parent's ideas and concerns and always work in a collaborative manner. The front office staff is very welcoming and look after the kids as if they were their own. Parental involvement is welcomed and encouraged! I definitely think Ball stands head and shoulders above the other two elementary schools in town, especially if you have children who have different learning styles.

My daughter is in Kindergarten. She previously attended a school in district 186 prior to our move. She has learned more in the one week then she did in two months at District 186. They are learning sign langauge, counting by fives and tens and already working on odd and even numbers. Im impressed.

Ball Chatham School both of my children have attended this school and due to the teachers and programs offered at this fine school one is a Disability Claims Adjudicator and the other works for the IT department at SIU School of Medicine. Both children are well adjusted caring adults and now their children a girl and boy are now attending the same school and have impressed their grandma by the many subjects they have excelled in. My granddaughter has been diagnosed with ADHD and the staff at the school have all worked with her to the point that this year is the first year she has had no issues, it is a miracle how she has changed thanks to the great teaching staff at the school. My grandson is a wiz he is only in kindergarten but knows so much it amazes me daily. I would encourage any parent to seriously consider sending their children to any of the fine schools, the staff is exceptional and the school administration themselves are willing to listen and work with parents on utilizing the best and newest methods to help all children succeed.

Our third grader has done wonderfully at Ball Elementary. She started in Pre K and has loved every teacher she has had. We have nothing but praise for everyone including the office staff. Our oldest daughter also attended Ball Elementary. She is now in her second year of college and doing well. She won two four year scholarships and I would like to think Ball Elementary played a part in her success.

Last modified Ball Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.