No rating

schools is
now at your
fingertips »

Posted November 20, 2013

This school is not a bad school, and I hope it evolved over the years. When my daughter went to school back in the 90's, they were a stickler for nailing bad behavior often giving children as young as 5 detention and had them writing exhausting lines. It was ridiculous! Also, my daughter was very talented, and when she expressed her, they labeled it as a behavioral problem. Don't get me wrong! When it came to the instructors, the administration didnt care who they hired and allowed these family and friends who weren't certified as teachers or substitute teachers to substitute and run the afterschool program. What a lack of quality. There are so good things about the school. Students learned good penmanship, learn how to read at an efficient level, and how to have good etiquette.

Posted September 14, 2013

My oldest daughter attended Cornerstone from 4th through 8th grade. All her teachers were amazing and helped her succeed. My son started in Kindergarten and is now in 5th grade. I would not put him any where else. He is challenged to do his best and encourage every day. He has been able to be a part of soccer, basketball and volleyball teams and is looking forward to bowling on the bowling team this year. We love Cornerstone!

Posted July 19, 2013

My granddaughter attended school here since 1st grade. She is now in 5th grade. All I can say is "kudos" to Cornerstone. Her academics are off the chart. I don't know if they see themselves as a school to deal with behavioral problems, therefore parents should probably steer away.

Posted November 20, 2012

>My oldest child attended Cornerstone Christian School from 3 year old preschool thru 8th grade. My middle child started in the 3 year old preschool and is currently in 3rd grade. My baby started in the 3 year old preschool and is currently in Kindergarten. THERE IS NO OTHER PLACE I WOULD WANT THEM TO BE FOR THEIR EDUCATION...CCS is the best. From the sprirtual foundation, to the academics, to the athletic program and extracurriculars like student government, to the loving safe family environment, this is the place to be. >Watching my oldest, who is now a freshman at a well respected high school, making straight A's in all honors classes shows what kind of academic foundation she has; listening to her high school professors praise her character and demeanor when I went to her parent teacher conferences shows what kind of spiritual foundation she has. >I am so thankful for CCS being a part of our family.

Posted May 10, 2012

Cornerstone is the only school that my grandson has ever attended and his parents and I shudder at the mere thought of him attending any other school. Cornerstone's challenging academic curriculum was the deciding factor in our decision to enroll him at the school, which has proven to be very beneficial. Each time that I visited the school, the Principal as well as the staff has always been friendly and very pleasant. When we are notified about a disciplinary issue concerning my grandson, the administration has always been accommodating and willing to discuss the circumstances that led to the issuance of a detention. The parents' suggestions to prevent the incident from occurring again were also taken into consideration, which I consider to be a win-win situation. I have nothing but praises for Cornerstone!

Posted February 20, 2012

Academically, Cornerstone will challenge your child. I agree with the last parent . . the FUN-O-METER is way too low. Individuality and forward thinking are non-existent. So if you deceide to send your smart child to Cornerstone, have plenty of social and outside enrichment activities planned to round out your child. Parent involvemnet is null and is not encouraged by the administration. The school needs to come into the 2000's in terms of technology and resources that are available in even some of the not as privileged "public schools". They sell way too much junk to the children, that only seem to be an attempt to "fund-raise". Be prepared to fight daily battles with your child about healthy eating, since the junk is even sold by classroom teachers.

Posted July 24, 2010

Academically I am pleased with my child's success CCS. However this school is too rigid and will suck the life out of a vivacious child. "Robots or military" is a perfect term for how the children are expected to behave. I would rather my child develop a terrific personality & be encouraged to ask questions & laugh & get involved in sports rather than being an intelligent robot. My child was also not allowed to join the sports team that she wanted because she did not know how to play. In third grade? Maybe we could TEACH the children the rules of the sport & give them a chance to be apart of a team? The staff is not too friendly & you will not get much assistance from the principal.

Posted December 4, 2009

Cornerstone's academic curriculum is great. However, once the children get to 1st grade through 6th, if their behavior is age appropriate, and they are not acting like robots or military students, they get discipline for bad behavior. Kindergarden students are given detentions at this school. The principal does not solve any problems, she wants you to do her job and solve the problem with the teacher. If your child acts like a robot and doesn't say much. This is the school for you. If your child has age appropriate behavior and has a personality, this is NOT the school for you. The enrollment has gone down tremendously! Not because of the economy, but due to administration. This is considered a Christian School! Lord, bring forth wisdom, training, and compassion to the administration and teachers at this school!

Posted June 4, 2009

My daughter has been going there since she was 3 and I can't see her attending another school. It's amazing!!!

Posted August 6, 2007

I had three boys and they all read very well and are great at math. They were involved in many extra curricular activities ie. Honor roll, band, sports, choir, spelling bee and drama. My boys received high marks on standardized tests all five years that they were there. The staff love the Lord Jesus and are willing to work with you. My only disappointment is that we moved far away. The principal is the best principal that I have ever had. God Bless this School.

Posted July 31, 2007

I am pleased with the level of learning provided by Cornerstone. My daughter was reading at the age of four and is now moving on to kindergarten where I know she will continue to strive. The ABEKA curriculum is one I would recommend to anyone. The staff is outstanding and the activities are great. I love Cornerstone Christian School.

Posted June 21, 2007

As my children are entering college now, I am very greatful to Cornerstone School and the staff there for the outstanding education they recieved during their elementary years. Small class sizes and caring attention made us feel at home.

Posted April 18, 2007

well worth every penny. my kindergartener is reading and writing (in my opinion) much more advanced than her age level. Such a warm and organized/disciplined atmosphere.

Posted September 12, 2006

Cornerstone uses the Abeka curriculum and I think it is great. My kindergartner is learning to write in cursive and my 6th grader is doing geometry. Cornerstone has various sports programs for boys and girls from 5th to 8th grade. They now also have band for 3rd to 8th grade. These are just a few examples of what the school has to offer. Parents are expected to be involved and receive periodic progress reports about every 3 weeks. This makes it a little easier to try and steer your child in the right direction instead of being hit with a negative report card without warning.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

• Alison Donald
  • Coed

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious