Chicago, IL

Clissold Elementary School 3

Posted May 11, 2014
this school is good except parents dont know what really goes on in school all these parents are saying that this is such a great school well its not. i love the teachers her but its the principle she doesnt do anything. Our best vice principle left about 4 weeks during the beginning of the school year. doesnt that sound odd to you that she left so early. i learn at this school i do but another thing i hate is how some students are so mean the teachers dont even do anyhting all they do is just say oh you have indoor recess . well thats not good enough and let me tell you the best part the teachers put so much pressure on you to get to your nwea goal. I know its important but it makes some kids worried. Last year a teacher said there will be no pizza party if only one child doesnt get their nwea score do you even understand how much pressure that is on a child.Another teacher said if students get their nwea goal they can have ice cream but if you dont then you wont have ice cream now if that isnt cruel then tell me what is.

Posted January 29, 2014
Great School that isn't just about test scores. I have several children at Clissold and I couldn't be happier. The schoolwork is challenging and interesting for my children. The Montessori program includes things other than academics and test prep like lots of field trips, nature programs, recess, and fine arts. I also like the IB program and I think it is preparing my child for high school. The teachers and principal all work hard and care about my children. Mrs Grason has improved the school so much with the expanded Montessori program and how she has handled the longer school day. Thank you to the teachers and Mrs Grason for all their hard work.

Clissold Elementary School 2

Posted January 14, 2014
I agree with the other Parent...the principle can not handle the children at Clissold...she is rude her self!

Posted January 14, 2014
As a parent of 2 children at Clissold as well as a CPS teacher I could not be happier at Clissold. The teachers care so much for the students and I find Connie Grason very approachable. She has made great changes at Clissold.

Clissold Elementary School 1

Posted January 13, 2014
This school really needs a new Principle. She lets these kids 6th - 8th grade get away with anything. There is no discipline and are just disrespectful. So when your child is starts 6th grade really think about sending them somewhere else. A Concern Parent

Posted November 09, 2013
My child graduated from here and is a freshman at Brooks College Prep now. She is doing well academically and I know its because of Clissold and myself. Kids from here norm as lly go to, Lincoln Park, Brooks, Whitney Young, Jones and CHSAS. Plus nearby catjolic high schools. So Clissold is doing its job very well.

Clissold Elementary School 4

Posted September 11, 2013
Clissold is a wonderful school and we are a work in progress. I believe that all schools should forever increase ways to make learning a viable environment. My children enjoy learning at Clissold. We are a level 1 school performing at high levels with the resources we have. Our teachers are excellent and nuture the gift of learning within each child. Our principal looks out for each of her children and knows all by name & face. Our children are not just a number. That tells me that she is concern about her school. I am not sure about the post on September 2, 2013 but my encounters with the office personnel has always been a positive interaction. In fact I was recently in the office and visitors arrived and commented that this is a "Happy School" because the atmosphere was happy the teachers, parents and personal all said "good morning" and set the tone for the day. I like the school and believe that we can learn to do better. Thank you for the post on Sept 2 because we will grow from that incident and I am sorry that you experience a negative interaction.

Posted September 03, 2013
The Montessori program is amazing. Most children leave the school with a real academic advantage. The teachers and staff are the best around. I know CPS is a turnoff for alot of families, but it is a great neighborhood school that more people should consider.

Clissold Elementary School 1

Posted September 02, 2013
I honestly hate this school, the principal is terrible, the administration in the main office is terrible! They don't Speak, they're rude, i just can't wait to take my kids up out of that school. My ratings is terrible don't do it for your sake and the children

Posted August 27, 2013
Clissold fosters a support and diverse community. The principals and teachers are wonderful. My two children thrive, challenged academically and have wonderful friends. During trying times with CPS and the budget cuts, our principal did an outstanding job saving our flagship programs and extracurricular programs. Our family is lucky to have such a wonderful resource.

Clissold Elementary School
2350 West 110th Place, Chicago, IL  60643
Last modified Clissold Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clissold Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top