Bad
Good

I'm truly disappointed in this school. I have two children there in kindergarten and 1st grade. I find myself doing more home schooling than the teachers are teaching. My children are not being challenged and this explains why the school was on the list to be closed last year. They would have done the children a favor had they been shut down. I don't recommend sending your child here. The classes are crowded which prevents room for one on one if needed. Children are not being challenged nor encouraged to go to the maximum potential. Those that are ready to move forward can't because they are being overlooked due to the one teacher and many students.The security for the children is limited. The location of the school is not in the best area and it appears that isn't being taken into consideration when providing appropriate staff. The school has no computers yet they will be tested this year on one. I don't see the concern in the children's success, I see the concern of keeping the budget at the children's expense. Don't get me wrong, there are some teachers there that are awesome. It's just not enough of them to go around to every class.

my school is awsome it has all the things i love like music activites and lots lots more

Metcalfe has been a nightmare for my child he is in 2nd grade now he has attended this school since Preschool, the classrooms are way overcrowded and the teachers don't seem to really care about the children learning I would not recommend any child to go to this school I have taken my child out of this school I wish I had known what was going on in this school before my child's education level had fallen. I would visit my child classroom at lot and the teacher would put the kids outside the classroom and leave them out in the hall for long periods of time without doing any schoolwork and the classroom environment wasn't any better. In my oppionion this school needs to be ran by a new principal and new teachers they are failing these children.

Metcalfe does wonders for kids. They have many activities for students and have a very good staff that takes care of everything.They have the best teachers that understand the students and they have your child/ren coming home and telling you what they learned in school. I highly recommend this school.

Last modified Metcalfe Elementary Community Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.