Chicago, IL
After care: No

Posted November 04, 2014
Darwin School has so much to offer to the students, parents and community. I am so happy that my children come to Darwin. This is their second home, where they not only prepare themselves for their future education but also where they feel safe and loved. Thank you to everyone at Darwin School, for working so hard!
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 27, 2014
I'm a student in 8th grade Its a pretty good school with a leadership program called "leader in me" the teachers and principal really care about the students and want to see them succesed and I wish I could have such loving teachers in high school

Darwin Elementary School 1

Posted October 15, 2014
This school is horrible. Apparently you shouldn't enroll your child here if they don't speak spanish. My child is being put back into 2nd grade because his teacher will not be returning and he doesn't speak spanish. No communication from the school was received prior to my inquiry. The principal doesn't care about the kids, he's more concerned with the school ratings and turning it into an all Hispanic school.

Posted October 21, 2013
This school is great! I LOVE their dual language immersion program where kids from English and Spanish speaking homes are put in the same classroom where they can learn the second language from each other! (Much more effective than traditional second language acquisition programs!) The research on this method is outstanding. Now is the chance for them to learn a new language!! The teachers also are also so committed to their work.! You can tell that they are pouring their heart and soul into their classrooms - and it shows! Great things are in store for this school and the kids who go there!

Posted August 31, 2013
My daughter goes to this school. The teacher are so nice and they get involved with the students. I attended this school when I was 6 yrs old it was such a fun school and the teacher are still nicer or even better than before. Oh and the principal Mr.segovia he always is walking around seeing If the students need anything or even saying GOOD MORNING to all the parents. I have to say my daughter couldn't be in a better school. Thank you for making my daughters shook experience an awesome one . She loves going to school everyday . THANKS AGAIN.

Posted August 29, 2013
.Tengo dos ni os en darwin , des de hace cuatro a os, presisamente en el a o en q entro el director nuevo yo entre con mis hijos, y dejenme decirles que estoy muy pero muy satisfecha con todos los logros y con todos los cambios q se han echo en la escuela,realmente es una escuela exelente , con un ambiente muy lindo todos muy amables que se siente uno como n casa, los maestro wwooww....que les puedo decir.exelentes por algo estan en darwin y por algo la escuela a crecido,gracias al director y su inparable lucha de sacar a la escuela adelante, les recomiendo la escuela al cien porciento,.. Solo me queda decirle a los maestros , al principal a todos los que trabajan en darwin q no me arepiento de estar ahi y mil gracias por todo su apoyo para con los padres y alumnos...gracias nuevamente..y BAMOS DARWIN.

Posted August 26, 2013
it is a safe school nice and cool teachers and i will never forget about Darwin Elementary school

Posted July 26, 2013
I had the great pleasure to coordinate two Junior Achievement volunteer events at Darwin Elementary this year. It was a total privilege to bring my executive and high school heroes volunteers to Darwin. Mr. Segovia and Ms. Davis welcomed our volunteers and showcased the amazing traits that make Darwin a wonderful school in Chicago's school serving the Logan area and beyond. I can confidently state that working with Darwin staff and students is one of the most enjoyable highlights of the 70+ event that I coordinate each year. Darwin students are bright, respectful, and adhere to a standard of excellence that Mr. Segovia and Ms. Davis ingrain in the school's culture & values.

Posted May 28, 2013
I have been doing volunteering work at Darwin School for the past four years. It gets better every year! I love how the Principal recognizes and celebrates school accomplishments. He has a strong sense of community and cooperation. You can visit the school s website for more information on their accomplishments. www.darwinelementary.com

Darwin Elementary School 4

Posted May 26, 2013
I went to this school and will always remember how hard the teachers worked !

Darwin Elementary School
3116 W Belden Ave, Chicago, IL  60647
Last modified Darwin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Darwin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top