Public charter
Chicago, IL

Posted January 05, 2015
Avalon just received the highest school rating of a 1+. The school has improved significantly. It's one of the best in the city!

CICS Avalon 1

Posted January 03, 2015
Most of the teachers are young with little experience, and the management is unprofessional with staff and children

Posted August 19, 2014
I work at Avalon, and I don't think I've met a more satisfied and passionate teaching staff. I respect the teachers and school leaders so much. Clearly I'm a little biased since I work here, but I'm also thrilled to see how much students are learning and growing. Three years ago, Avalon had the lowest CPS rating, and after many changes in the school, Avalon is one of the fastest growing schools in the city. I'm so excited to kick off an even better new year!

Posted August 11, 2014
CICS Avalon has truly improved significantly over the past two years. The school went from having approximately 23 fights within three months to only 1 or 2 a year. The academics improved significantly! Change isn't easy, but the changes have made the school better for children. When children perform well on assessments they increase their likelihood of getting accepted into a better high school and college. We use data to drive instruction, because it matters. Teachers have to know if students have mastered the content, so that we can reteach. CICS Avalon focuses on best practice, and we implement techniques that are proven. If you want to be developed into a great teacher, then this is the place to be!

CICS Avalon 4

Posted August 23, 2013
My daughters attend CICS Avalon Campus and have been here since 1st and 3rd grade. They are currently in 6th and 8th grade and love it. What drew my attention to this school was the size of the student body. The students are more acquainted with the staff and each other and not just another student like a school of a larger size. The principal has been making every effort to make this school number one in academics and I believe he can do it. I would recommend this school to others.

Posted July 30, 2013
My son started kindergarten there in 2012 and he has learned so much. My sisters went there years ago and it has changed a lot. The directors are great. His teachers were awesome. They tried going in a different direction and so far in my opinion they have succeeded. He will definitely stay in Cics-Avalon until 8th grade.

CICS Avalon 4

Posted November 18, 2011
My grandchildren started this school for the 2011-2012 school year and they enjoy going to school. I like that the curriculum is challenging and exciting to them. The staff is great and caring that is important to me as it creates a good learning enviroment. GREAT JOB!!!!

Posted March 26, 2011
My daughter is in K and I LOVE her teacher and the entire staff. I was nervous when she started school but was comforted by the dedication and commitment the staff has towards the students. The school has a family atmosphere and I Love the fact that their are male teachers the students can view in a positive light. Ms. Hill and the entire staff is doing a Wonderful job!!!

Posted February 17, 2011
My children have attended CICS Avalon since it opened in 2005. I love the hands on attention that the administrative staff and teachers give the students. Ms. Hill, I believe has done in excellent job in her position as Director. She seems to have a genuine care for her students. I love this school and I would recommend it to anyone!

Posted February 17, 2011
CICS Avalon is a GREAT school!! My children are in 4th and 1st grades and have been here since kindergarten. They are both excellent students. The curriculum is challenging and fun. The environment is safe. The security staff knows each student and parent by name. The school has a full computer lab and each student has access to a computer. As a result the students have a great opportunity to excel in technology. The principal is AWESOME she is very active with the students and staff which makes a great learning environment.

CICS Avalon