Public charter
Chicago, IL
Students enrolled: 1,475
Before care: Yes

Posted August 19, 2014
every thing about the school gets less than 1 star .my children would be behind if they transfer to another school .

CICS Longwood 3

Posted June 16, 2014
This school isn't perfect but defiantly worth it. I been at Longwood since kindergarten I'm am now a eight grader leaving to go to a different high school. Over the years you can see the growth in our school from the students ,parents ,and staff. They've had there ups and downs (more downs than ups) but as of getting a good education from Longwood it's granted . Longwood defiantly is not a pressure zone so if you want your kid stress and overwhelmed by anything in this school it's not going to happen. I wanted to write this because I see many mixed review about my pass school I was not a big fan of it but I know cps couldn't do a "ANY" Better. Longwood would be a great choice if your applying some of my thoughts and facts from the school. Who better to tell you than a student who sees it all and not getting paid to write this.

Posted June 27, 2013
I agree with the comment below this school year was awful I pulled my child out and I will not send my child to this school

Posted June 14, 2013
CICS Longwood would not be an institution that I would recommend for any student, parent, and especially teachers looking for a job. The school went through four principals in the first year under a different management group, Charterschools USA. The company was very skimpy with funding for the teachers: there was no curriculum bin for supplies like every other school I worked at and the use of computers is atrocious! Starting teachers were given zero direction or support and had to figure out what to teach. Outside of readin the use of computers for lessons or standardized tests was off limits. for a population of 1400 students there was two labs which had tech classes for freshman and sophomores and two laptop carts which were moved from classroom to classrom for a reading program. Finally the biggest problem is an inept administration which gives no disciplinary action for students. Students could hit each other with shoes or books and get sent immediately back to class. Students (yes more than one time) who brought guns in to school and threatened to use them were not expelled. And for the second consecutive year well over half the staff has been let go at years end.

CICS Longwood 4

Posted April 16, 2013
I think this is a good school now, but I have notice some changes, parents must get very involve with there chidren, the teachers need there help.

Posted November 20, 2012
I would agree with all posted reviews about cics longwood under the edison structure. The school is slowly going down since the take over of charter usa(florida base company). Most of the wonderful staff that we have grown to love and so have our child have been replaced by below standard teachers. This is one of the schools that the city is looking to close come school year 2013-2014.

Posted June 05, 2011
CICS Junior Academy works collaboratively with teachers, curriculum specialists, leadership and other team members to design and implement content-rich and standards-aligned curriculum. I personally develop a strong, collaborative classroom community maintain organization and structure within the classroom. Longwood teachers work in collaboration with parents to ensure student mastery and development. Longwood engages in ongoing assessment of students using multiple forms of assessment as well as a variety of learning tools, including technology, to enhance student learning. We design innovative learning experiences for students, participate in regular school-wide professional development along with participation in and organize culminating projects to assess student learning. We pride ourselves in contributing to and participating actively in the school's professional learning community and improvement efforts. My child attends Loomis Primary and I look forward to them moving on up to Longwood.

Posted March 01, 2011
The CICS Junior Academy hosts an environment where staff and students can count on one another. In our classes, we strive to teach and build foundational skills so that students are college bound. In our classes we focus on cooperative learning, it is our goal that we produce students whom possess 21st century skills to be responsible productive citizens in their futures. Our students are encouraged to read daily, as a result our students own self-efficacy has increased and they are more motivated to reach success! Our students are provided with technological resources to increase the level of education provided and address the various learning styles. Through our monthly benchmarking system, it shows that our students continue to make great gains in their core subject areas. With a wealth of extracurricular activities, our students are implored to reach beyond their academic achievements and promote their personal talents. At Longwood, we believe in encouraging, rewarding, and motivating our students to be the best that they can be. CICS Longwood is an excellent school of choice!

Posted February 28, 2011
I have been a parent at CICS Longwood Since 2001, I have two children that attends cics, I willrecommend this school to parents anytime, the staff and teachers are great. take time with the children and is always on one accord with parents. The priciple leadership is great as well..

Posted February 28, 2011
Our learning is off and running! The excitement is visible throughout the campus. We are continually working to improve our school each year. Parents can assist us in our efforts by making sure that your child comes to school healthy and well rested, communicating with his/her teacher, providing encouragement for your child, helping with homework and reading with your child. With students, staff and parents working together, great things will continue to happen for students in Longwood. We truly have a special school environment as the result of our students, staff and parents working together.

CICS Longwood