CICS Ralph Ellison 1

Posted June 02, 2014
The school does not represent what Ralph Ellison, himself stood for in his struggles. The policy is "PPP", Policy Per Student. They send our children out as if they're garbage, not caring about their future behind Ralph Ellision. Also the teachers especially the Deans are not qualified to handle issues among students. This school is horrifc for our childrens future.

CICS Ralph Ellison 1

Posted March 18, 2014
This school is ridiculous, you have a few good teachers who care and quite a few who don't. These children are always either suspended or in detention. I understand that they have to be disciplined but the rules are TOO strict and something needs to be done. I've noticed that the enrollment is lower and I now understand why. If they don't make some serious changes soon, they too will be on probation. I regret sending my son to this school and will be transferring him out at the end of the school year. If had listened to what other were saying, I wouldn't be going through this foolishness.

CICS Ralph Ellison 2

Posted April 28, 2013
I am a student at CICS Ralph Ellison, and contrary to everything on here, the scores on the ACT are low. Students are scoring 15's on these ACT's. There is gang-banging at the school, or at least symbolising. Its not actually them trying to start a fight. Although the girls are thirsty to fight any and everyone who comes at them the wrong way. Its mainly the student body thats a sad case, unfortunately. They have low moral standards; alongside low academic standards. Most of them just want to get by with a C to graduate otherwise there attendance is horrible and there grades too. The teachers try to do there best with the students, and they're are great teacher there. However. the students are just a reflection of their poor home life. Academically, if your child is focused its most definite the can succeed and be supported. Yet, scoially, depending on what type of person they are; it will weigh in on them.

Posted January 02, 2013
CICS-Ralph Ellison is a high school on the cutting edge. We offer a rigorous, college-preparatory curriculum designed to help students excel in their post-secondary endeavors. There are teachers who are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the students' needs. There are great student-student interactions as well. Ellison offers an environment conducive to helping your child become a productive contributor to society.

Posted February 28, 2011
I am very pleased with the education my son has received here. Teachers are knowledgable and caring and the academic programs are great. I would highly recommend this school to others.

Posted February 21, 2011
Every year, CICS Ralph Ellison becomes stronger in student achievement and community relationships. As a teacher, I am proud at the development of the faculty, students, and parent involvement.

Posted February 18, 2011
Ralph Ellison has great thing going on for the students. There are a couple of groups there at Ellison to assist the children,teachers and parents. I'm looking forward to the end of the year do to the senior class activities. The communication with the staff has been wonderful this last 4years. i've been on several different boards here at Ellison. My son has also been a member of several boards and loving it! If you want your child to learn were he/she can feel as like they can talk with any staff member Ellison is the place to be. More parent participation is also welcome here at Ellison. We welcome all new Elite's. GO LIONS!

Posted February 14, 2011
I love this school it has a great academic program, as well as strong leadership skills for the students.

Posted February 14, 2011
The students are challenge to learn, and the school staff really do listen to their students and parents concerns.

Posted February 14, 2011
Students are cared for and there has been changes made that show this again. It is better than me sending my child to the school in our neighborhood.

CICS Ralph Ellison
1817 W. 80th Street, Chicago, IL  60620
Last modified CICS Ralph Ellison is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12
CICS Ralph Ellison Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.