Bad
Good

Posted December 21, 2013
I can't wait to move out of this neighborhood! This school has some good teachers but the ladies in the office are very cocky.I had a little bit of car trouble. I called the office to tell them if they can please notify my son, who is in the third grade to wait for me in the office to go pick him up and so he won't be worried. I called 20 minutes before the school bell rang at 3 oclock. When I get there, my son was NO WHERE TO BE FOUND!!!! He was not in the office like I had requested. He was not with his teacher. Thank goodness I found him. What would have happened if he was hurt or something? All I got was sorry. Office staff is the worst.

Davis N Elementary School 5

Posted October 22, 2013
Davis N Elementary is a great school! My daughter is attending the preschool at this school and her teachers Ms. Rodriguez and Ms. Cristie have been very helpful a long the way. They are great with the kids and patient as well. I can't say anything bad about this school the facility itself is beautiful a long with the classroom.

Posted April 30, 2013
my great cps times as a african american sub came from this school!there were some hardhead kids there but overall i loved working at this school!today the enrollment has dropped but it's a mighty fine school!the hood was rough but i would always walk from the annex to the branch with no problems and get snacks from that corner store where the lady store clerk was very nice.i would have loved to spend all my time at davis school.the principal was not too shabby neither!

Posted January 25, 2013
I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF THERE IS A MALE TEACHER LAST NAME BARNES WORKING HERE..........

Posted February 16, 2012
This is an up and coming school - the principal and his team listen and care about each and every student. There are a many great teachers - my sons kindergarten teach is awesome! He is reading and doing math by himself. They have many programs before school and after school. They are even offering class for parents in g.e.d, computers, eel and cooking classes. The students have an opportunity to be in choir, band, guitar class, folkloric dancing, ballroom dancing, reading and math support before and after school. The schools scores are rising every year and they keep bringing in great new teachers that make the school even better. I give the school an 8 of 10 only because they still have some teachers that still believe they are doing this school and community a favor teaching here. Overall I would highly recommend this school. The principal and teachers are very accessible.

Posted October 17, 2010
Just as in every school there are some teachers that go beyond the call of duty. I must say that I must commend this school for giving my child some of the best teachers she ever had. My daughter had Ms. Anagnost in third grade and Ms. Rajter in fourth. I cannot believe how much growth she has shown. This school has grown greatly in the last few years. I used to go here as a child.

Posted October 06, 2010
The school is HORRIBLE! I had two children attend this school. It was so bad that I had to move just to enroll 1 child in a better school and home school the other because I was too embrassed of how far he fell behind. My wife and I brought our concerns to the Vice principle, she looked at us with a blank expression and said " I'm sorry, I'm having trouble understanding what the problem is". People say the teachers are good but here is my experience. My daughter was in 6th, she failied math. I pushed her so hard (blaming her) now that she is in 7th she has the same teahcer for homeroom, science & math and failing those as well. Not one phone call, email or letter. My 2nd grader brings home bags of candy and one copy sheet of home work & the neighborhood is WORST!

Davis N Elementary School 3

Posted May 24, 2005
This School Is A Good School But one of the teacher that is the best is a rading teacher that helps out kids by putting fun into the learning and by recompensing them with many fun things to their students Believe me im one of her recent students.

Posted January 20, 2005
I didn't really like this school at first because I was having trouble learning how to read. Then when I got to jr. high I finally learned how to read. I loved my reading teacher because she made me read and she made my whole class laugh alot. She made it fun to learn. She was funny and would make all of us laugh. My mom used to bring her flautas because she said that was her favorite food. My family likes her because of what she did for me. I still remember 'context clues' (ha ha). I will never forget her. My mom is happy because I am the first one in my family now to go to college.

Posted January 03, 2005
This school is not a good school at all. I went to that school from Fifth to eight grade and when I was in fifht grade i was learning the same thin as I had alredy learned in fourth and third grade in my former school. It also didn't prepare me for high school either. You should really consider another schoool if you really want your child to actually learn something. -Claudia Varela former Nathan Davis School student

Davis N Elementary School
3014 West 39th Place, Chicago, IL  60632
Last modified Davis N Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.