Bad
Good

The staff at this school does not reflect the students population at all. It amazes me that the school is predominantly Hispanic, but the majority of the teachers are Caucasian. There are hardly any programs/activities to promote cultural awareness and I feel that the principal does minimal for the student population. Seems as though the administration is more concerned with hiring their friends rather than considering the students' best interests. The culture of the school has to change. However, the parents do not do what is necessary to create those changes.

i used to attend this school and personally, it didn't prepare me at all for high school. The counselor did little to help with high school registration and many of the teachers just take up space in the classroom. They should just stay home because your child will have to struggle to learn everything on his/her own anyway. You might as well just not send your child here because it will just slim the chances of greater opportunities for your child's future. Do your kid a favor, and have mercy on him/her

i went to this school right down the street from my house and transfered because i wasnt learning nothing. my brother graduated from 8th grade in 08 and my mother feels he didnt learn anything either.

I am not proud of this school. Don't feel like my child is learning much and will not prepared for high school. The school has been on the watch list with Public School system for a while now.

I think that we should have better lunches because the lunches that we get doesn't even fell up the 8th grade students, that's why we always ask for another tray. Also I think that our computer teacher should give us more free time on the computer because, what he is making us do is very boring and it does not teach us anything about the computer. those are the reasons why I gave the school king of low ratings.

Last modified Dawes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.