Chicago, IL
Students enrolled: 1,021

Dawes Elementary School 2

Posted March 24, 2014
The staff at this school does not reflect the students population at all. It amazes me that the school is predominantly Hispanic, but the majority of the teachers are Caucasian. There are hardly any programs/activities to promote cultural awareness and I feel that the principal does minimal for the student population. Seems as though the administration is more concerned with hiring their friends rather than considering the students' best interests. The culture of the school has to change. However, the parents do not do what is necessary to create those changes.

Dawes Elementary School 1

Posted February 21, 2014
i used to attend this school and personally, it didn't prepare me at all for high school. The counselor did little to help with high school registration and many of the teachers just take up space in the classroom. They should just stay home because your child will have to struggle to learn everything on his/her own anyway. You might as well just not send your child here because it will just slim the chances of greater opportunities for your child's future. Do your kid a favor, and have mercy on him/her

Dawes Elementary School 1

Posted November 29, 2010
i went to this school right down the street from my house and transfered because i wasnt learning nothing. my brother graduated from 8th grade in 08 and my mother feels he didnt learn anything either.

Dawes Elementary School 0

Posted July 13, 2009
I am not proud of this school. Don't feel like my child is learning much and will not prepared for high school. The school has been on the watch list with Public School system for a while now.

Dawes Elementary School 5

Posted November 16, 2008

Dawes Elementary School 2

Posted March 27, 2007
I think that we should have better lunches because the lunches that we get doesn't even fell up the 8th grade students, that's why we always ask for another tray. Also I think that our computer teacher should give us more free time on the computer because, what he is making us do is very boring and it does not teach us anything about the computer. those are the reasons why I gave the school king of low ratings.

Dawes Elementary School 4

Posted August 23, 2006
The teachers at Dawes are incredible! What a shame they are terrified of the principle. Parents have the right to be a part of their childs education. Do not allow yourselves to be kept on the playground. Schools are a combination of children, parents, and teachers working together on a daily basis to create future leaders.

Dawes Elementary School 3

Posted April 26, 2006

Dawes Elementary School 3

Posted December 27, 2005
This school provides quality programming for general education students but falls far below for students with disabilities. In fact, they appear to go out of their way to prevent parents of chronically struggling students from accessing intervention or special education services. Parent involvement has been discouraged for so long that parents appear afraid to question school and program policies.

Dawes Elementary School 4

Posted May 09, 2005
- a former student
I, a former student, attendeded this school from 1993-2002 (K-8)and I honestly have to say that this school has given me a great education. It has great quality academic programs and teachers, and I believe that students will enjoy their years spent here. The principal, Mrs. Margaret J. Lalley, does a great job at handling the school- in all aspects.

Dawes Elementary School
3810 West 81st Place, Chicago, IL  60652
Last modified Dawes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dawes Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top