Posted August 25, 2011
I worked at Chopin Elementary for the entire 2010-2011 school year. It was the best experience of my life. The students are hard working and wonderful to be around. They do not take their education for granted. The staff is enthusiastic and hard working. Ms. Osborn is one of the most passionate, caring teachers I have ever met, and definitely the best teacher I have had the opportunity to work with. I would recommend this school to any family, or to any prospective teacher. You cannot find a better education in a safer environment with such caring teachers as Chopin Elementary. I wish I had the opportunity to continue my student teaching at this school.

Chopin Elementary School 2

Posted February 11, 2010

Chopin Elementary School 4

Posted September 16, 2009
Teachers teach with heart and are dedicated to the students! The students are the best in the world!

Chopin Elementary School 0

Posted August 08, 2009
I worked there this summer and enjoyed all 8 weeks of it. The principal is a great leader. She disciplines and holds the students accountable for their actions. The summer staff was very flexible and willing to work with all students. Parents were very involved throughout the summer program. They would drop their students off in the morning and eat breakfast with them and pick them up on time. This school is definitely a 'community' school. It's one big family!

Posted November 27, 2008

Posted July 15, 2008
i did my student teaching at this school and it was wonderful. I received so much support from the staff and have made lasting friendships with the teachers there. Overall this a is a great school with a dedicated staff and commitment to helping students learn and the community. I am a better teacher for having an opportunity to teach there. They really do the best they can with the resources that they have and they teach with heart what more can you ask for!

Posted September 02, 2007

Posted September 02, 2007

Posted July 27, 2007
As people change so does the school system. Chopin has changed greatly. I also attended Chopin and at first felt the same way, but now there is a new principal; Mrs. Mester. The discipline is well undercontrol. The school has come a very long way, and I feel that my child will learn a lot and gain a lot of knowledge there. Parents are incouraged to participate in school activities and as far as I am concerned the principal does not 'ignore' any parents complaints. Overall there will be stereotypes about the school but it has changed and it does prepare children for high school.

Chopin Elementary School 3

Posted June 27, 2007
- a former student

Chopin Elementary School
2450 West Rice Street, Chicago, IL  60622
Last modified Chopin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chopin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top