Chicago, IL

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted June 10, 2015
The teachers are too busy gossiping, or on their phone. The teachers spend more time yelling than teaching.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted June 10, 2015
My son is in first grade and his teacher only give homework maybe 3 timed a week and it's only one sheet that's kindergarten level

Esmond Elementary School 4

Posted May 05, 2013
I am a former student of Esmond School (KDG 1953) and a Sp.Ed. math teacher in Texas. I am retiring this year and wonder what can I do to help?

Posted July 15, 2009
Esmond School one of the oldest schools in the city of chicago... a school that continues to show improvement year after year.... Esmond School is supported by its strong community that is always there to lend their helping hands.... the principal is young and has done a great job in takeing Esmond to a whole new level scores and attendance is up and continue to rise year after year ....I am a parent whom has seen the change from over 10 years to know and what a good change it is .....thanks to the committment from the principal, LSC, Community and staff , parents and students ......

Esmond Elementary School 5

Posted April 03, 2009
This school is excellent and when first got there i was lik ethis school is a mess but wehn i got to be there fo a year a so i started to like it its and excellet school like i said people if you dont have a school by your house just come to esmond school and it will be great fo you have fun now and be safe

Esmond Elementary School 2

Posted August 02, 2007
It's a joke. The principal, Dr. Tucker is non-communicative with parents and refers everyone to other staff members. The programs that they have in place are not well executed. I would go so far as to say the IB program is just for show, and doesn't give you the sense that anything is being accomplished. They don't encourage cursive writing and the students don't have spelling tests. The majority of the children behave so badly that it is frightening. I'm getting my son out!

Esmond Elementary School 2

Posted December 06, 2006
I cheritha Conner is very displeased with this school. I want my child out of this school so bad. Dr. Tucker need to find out how to make it better for our children so they can learn and this school ratings can go up. My child enjoy this school but the teaching is not all that great classes need less student and the school need more educational programs for our children.

1865 West Montvale Avenue, Chicago, IL  60643
Last modified Esmond Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Esmond Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top