Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The school's principle and special education head are extremely selfish of their own interests and in constant non compliance with the law. Despite having a high population with special education needs, special education teachers and students and families are not treated well or respected. Resources are scarce and students would do much better in a neighborhood school or even the other close noble school Rowe Clark. If certain staff were to move on this school has the potential to do well for students, until then my advice to beware.

I can't wait until they close this joke of a high school down!!!!.I had a very bad experience no one cared about the well being of my child or her education I HAVE A VOICE AND I SHALL B HEARD,NEVER ENROLL YOUR CHILDREN HERE!

The discipline policy is very strict, but it is also very consistent. Students know what is within the rules and what isn't as well as the consequences, and from there, most students choose to act within the rules. I am glad that the $5 detention fee has ended, however. It's clear from being in the school that the teachers care about their students and hold them to high academic and social standards. I was very impressed by what I saw at DRW.

I love working at DRW; I feel like it is a great place for our students to learn and mature into productive, successful adults. The work environment is very positive and I look forward to going to work everyday!

I am an engaged North Lawndale resident who has been invited to the school a couple times over the years to speak to student groups. While I have personally had positive experiences and observations with DRW, I am deeply troubled by conversations I've had with parents whose students attend the school. The discipline policies are excessive, and children are reportedly suspended for very minor infractions like chewing gum, or missing a session to make up homework. Children are assessed demerits for infractions. Every 5 demerits leads to detention. Parents are charged $5.00 for every detention. One child I know has nearly $300 worth of detentions. Another child I know was suspended so many times he has spent more time away from the school than in school. This child is a B-C student, but seems to have some behavioral issues that the school has yet to address, except through detention and suspension. His parents have tried to transfer him out for 2 months, but DRW refuses to release his records. DRW did not allow him to take his first semester finals, so he has no grades. The child will have to start all over at his next school. There are several students who have been held back.

DRW is an incredible school with passionate, dedicated teachers who really foster true learning among the students. The school culture is conducive to learning and success!

Last modified DRW College Prep is a Charter school that serves grades 10-12