Posted January 22, 2014
A very family oriented school. Their kindergarten teachers are some of the best I have come across in the Chicago district. The office staff is very friendly and always willing to help you out if needed. The older students seem to blend well with the younger children. An over all sturdy foundation for our children to grow.

Posted August 27, 2013
Farnworth School is a fantastic neighborhood school! The staff is great! Well trained,caring, several teachers have National Board Certification. Principal has high standards and a vision for the school. CCSS practices were happening several years ago. The school offers art, health, has had music teacher for years and has a wonderful library. Parents have opportunities to become involved and participate in their child's education. If this school is your home school count yourself lucky! I have a sophomore who graduated from Farnsworth and a seventh grader attending now. Great things are happening at Farnsworth School!

Posted August 26, 2013
My daughter goes to Farnsworth school and its the best school. Very attentive and helpful staff. Teachers are amazing and class sizes aren't as big as other schools in the area. I will continue to send my child to Farnsworth school thru the eighth grade. Also very family oriented.

Posted April 29, 2012
I LOVED going to this school! Before going here, I went to another Chicago school that treated me very poorly and was very judgmental. I didn't know that how they were treating me was wrong until I went to this school. I remember that all the teachers and staff here were very loving and caring. I had not experienced that AT ALL in the previous school, Prussing Elementary! They taught the students very well and were just GREAT! This school made me want to learn and do better in return for their kindness. I also loved that they held after school activities! I was devastated when I had to transfer out due to living conditions.

Posted October 10, 2011
After going through the sadness of losing our long-time principal, Dr. Catherine Wells, the Farnsworth Family is continuing to work hard to keep our students rigorously engaged in all academics, proper social interactions, and personal physical improvements. Farnsworth provides as excellent environment for your children to succeed in all three areas of their lives. I am proud to be a long-term teacher at this school!!

Posted October 07, 2011
Many people think that because a school is a Magnet or Charter school that they are superior to a neighborhood public school. We are proud to be part of Farnsworth and my children have received an excellent education. They have also become a member of the Farnsworth family as every child that attends the school is not just a student but a part of the whole vision of the school. The level of respect and manners they display towards one another is hard to find elsewhere. This school is doing it right!

Posted June 12, 2010
Parent Involvement is a key to success at any school. Farnsworth has some strong parent involvement. They also have wonderful teachers and strong leadership from the Principal who wants the best for her beloved school. The sports program was not cancelled because of lack of parent involvement it was cancelled because the parents that wanted the program wouldn't do the work it takes to run a program of that size. It takes time, dedication and a lot of work. Some people just like to complain instead. My children have had very successful school careers at Farnworth and I am extremely thankful to all the wonderful teachers and staff.

Posted June 11, 2010
My Children have been at Farnsworth since they were in preschool and are now in the upper grades. We are very happy with the school, staff and the principal. My children initially started preschool needing speech therapy and are now doing extremely well and are involved in clubs and afterschool programs. The principal has always made me feel very welcome at the school and continues to provide great leadership.

Posted June 09, 2010
My children are very happy at Farnsworth. They have so many opportunities at this school that are made available to them by the dedicated staff and Principal. The Principal goes the extra mile to make Farnsowrth a wonderful place to learn. She makes decisions that may not be popular by ALL parents or even staff, however, she makes sound decisions that have the best interest of the school in mind. With the budget crisis that the school faces, just like many schools across the city, there is no other Principal that I would rather be in charge of Farnsworth than Dr. Wells. Her experience and determination is needed during these difficutl times. Thanks for another great year!

Posted June 09, 2010
I STRONGLY DISAGREE with the parent post from June 4. I have been at Farnsworth for many years and have not seen this decline. We have STRONG leadership that is very supportive of staff, is aware of what staff is doing, and constantly provides opportunity for growth. Teachers are very willing to go that extra mile to help a child succeed. I can't speak for all sports programs, but the 2 we were involved in HAD very poor parental support. Tae Kwon Do and dance programs were great. I think it is premature to assume they will not be offered next year. I hope you find a school you are happy with, you don't seem happy here.

Farnsworth Elementary School
5414 North Linder Avenue, Chicago, IL  60630
Last modified Farnsworth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Farnsworth Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top