Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I have to say, moving to Chicago from the burbs was scary but necessary for our business and I dreaded the thought of putting my son in CPS. After having my son in a private school we had to go with a public school option after my son was diagnosed with Sensory Disorder. The private school system insisted that there was nothing more that they could do for him and that public schools would have more services available to help him cope and manage his issues. So far I am impressed!! I have a team of staff that are available to meet with me so we can all figure out how to best help my son learn and succeed. They are all so involved and committed to making things work for my son. I have to stress that this is a point of view coming from a mother dealing with a child of special needs. I now feel bad for ever thinking that we were doomed in CPS but now I'm proud to say my son goes to Farnsworth! By the way, Mrs. Ryan (kindergarten) has been there a long time and is an amazing teacher!! She has great parent teacher communication skills and keeps me informed. I've met a lot of the staff there and love them all! Great School indeed!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They are very effective, I see how the rest of the students behave and how well they are doing across the board and that translates to teachers getting the point accross.

Amount of homework: Agree

It's just right, he's in kindergarten so you shouldn't have mounds of it like we did in the private school. Kids still need time to be kids

Develops character: Strongly agree

Yes, I believe that at least in my sons class the teacher encourages students to do the right thing, teaches respect, responsibility and accountability..bravo!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have a child in 7th grade who has attended in PreK. The PreK program prepares student for the rigors of "the new learning standards," while in an environment of play and creativity. I would put our upper grade core against any in the city, Magnet and IB included, as far as rigor and competency.

Farnsworth is a hidden gem! CPS gets excessive bad press, but this school is doing it right, and putting their students first! City wide winner of Battle of the Books, After school Algebra with ALL students passing, most with high pass. As of this year, has an after care program. Great things have been happening, and more and more happen every day.

A very family oriented school. Their kindergarten teachers are some of the best I have come across in the Chicago district. The office staff is very friendly and always willing to help you out if needed. The older students seem to blend well with the younger children. An over all sturdy foundation for our children to grow.

Farnworth School is a fantastic neighborhood school! The staff is great! Well trained,caring, several teachers have National Board Certification. Principal has high standards and a vision for the school. CCSS practices were happening several years ago. The school offers art, health, has had music teacher for years and has a wonderful library. Parents have opportunities to become involved and participate in their child's education. If this school is your home school count yourself lucky! I have a sophomore who graduated from Farnsworth and a seventh grader attending now. Great things are happening at Farnsworth School!

My daughter goes to Farnsworth school and its the best school. Very attentive and helpful staff. Teachers are amazing and class sizes aren't as big as other schools in the area. I will continue to send my child to Farnsworth school thru the eighth grade. Also very family oriented.

I LOVED going to this school! Before going here, I went to another Chicago school that treated me very poorly and was very judgmental. I didn't know that how they were treating me was wrong until I went to this school. I remember that all the teachers and staff here were very loving and caring. I had not experienced that AT ALL in the previous school, Prussing Elementary! They taught the students very well and were just GREAT! This school made me want to learn and do better in return for their kindness. I also loved that they held after school activities! I was devastated when I had to transfer out due to living conditions.

Last modified Farnsworth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.