Posted November 25, 2013
I have been around Gale School for many years. The school has made major improvements since the current principal and assistant principal has been there. The office staff is polite and professional and both buildings. Teaching and learning is improving but there are still many challenges and uphill battles. We need more positive parental involvement and parents making sure their students are medically compliant and coming to school everyday. The school doesn't set the rules about the children's medical and immunization requirements. The state and Chicago Board of Education does. Parents need to be more responsible for the own actions and inactions.

Gale Elementary Community Academy 1

Posted November 24, 2013
My daughter was in kindergarten at Gale and was being bullied by kids in her class and older children in after school programs. Aside from being made fun of, she reported to me that she was pushed to the ground and spat on (on 2 occasions). The worst part of her incidents was that no one at the school reported such offenses to the parent(s). I asked Miss Canales [Administrator to the Principal] why I wasn't phoned. She replied with an excuse of other parents not caring, so not feeling the need to call childrens' parents anymore. I am very involved in my daughter's education - chaperoning a field trip, bringing lunches and visiting the office almost weekly with questions. So you can imagine how enraging it was that I was never notified. I asked for a meeting with the principal and received nothing. I called and emailed numerous times awaiting a professional response, and instead received a message stating that my daughter was excluded from school due to medical records not being up to date (in which the doctor confirmed they are). This issue has been taken to the Chicago Board of Education due to her exclusion being a personal retaliation for me reporting Canales to the Principal.

Gale Elementary Community Academy 4

Posted August 11, 2011
We were excited to see some of our favoirte teachers gearing up for another wonderful school year. We have two children in Gale this year not only do we love it, but THEY love it! We are excited for a great year!

Gale Elementary Community Academy 0

Posted September 18, 2009
I have my son going to this school and I am an unhappy parent. I noticed this year the school administration does not support parents . They do not have anything updates. surprising if they closes the school down!!!!!!!

Posted November 20, 2007

Gale Elementary Community Academy 2

Posted August 15, 2007

Posted June 14, 2006
I feel that Gale has a great community of teachers, but does not have the support of the principal to help turn around the school in its academic progress

Gale Elementary Community Academy 2

Posted March 01, 2006
Gale is supposed to be established as a Math and Science Academy, but does not live up to this standard. Administration is quite weak in its approach to dedicated service, communication, and compassion. Although the principal has yet to receive a passing grade with respect to evaluations, the LSC has and CPS have not addressed this issue. The staff is caring and seemingly 'putting up' with the politics of administration. If this school closes, it would not be surprising.

Gale Elementary Community Academy
1631 West Jonquil Terrace, Chicago, IL  60626
Last modified Gale Elementary Community Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gale Elementary Community Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top