Bad
Good

My daughter has been at Goethe since Kindergarten and she is now in 8th grade. She has enjoyed this school, loved the teachers, and the tireless principal, Ms. Kargas. The environment is enriching with a constant focus on positivity in school and fosters healthy relationships with students and teachers. My daughter has been challenged with some rigourous Advanced Math courses but knows it will pay off as she seeks a selective enrollment High School. Much love and appreciation to Goethe!

Goethe is a fantastic school that's getting better each year. After moving into Logan Square, we considered sending our kids to private schools, but we're very pleased that we found Goethe after talking to neighborhood parents. It's a great school and we couldn't be happier with the quality of education that our kids are receiving there. Keep up the great work, Goethe teachers and administrators!

Goethe is a really great school i have both my daughter's here and they absolutely love it the teachers are great before they came here my daughter was very behind but with the help of the teachers my daughter is now at a passing level ms.McGrath and mrs.bouska are absolutely wonderful thank you very much

We're heading into our fourth year of having kids at Goethe. I cannot say enough good things about this school! In spite of what you read in the news about failing neighborhood schools, this one is a gem. The principal works tirelessly to keep class sizes relatively low for a neighborhood school and she also does an amazing job of recruiting and retaining top notch teachers. The school also has a very active and engaged parent community, which is key. But the best thing about Goethe is the many ways they encourage students to motivate and take care of one another. You won't find bullying at this school! There is a real sense of community here, filled with love and dedicated to helping each child reach their potential.

Goethe is an amazing place. In spite of the challenges that Chicago Public Schools throws its way (the only reason i didn't give it 5 stars) the school provides a nurturing, encouraging atmosphere for students to learn. The school has a true blend of kids from all socio-economic backgrounds and the emphasis on community is very important for my family. This is our neighborhood school and my two kids have both attended since they were eligible for preschool. They are now in 1st and 3rd grade and we've been very happy with all the teachers we've had along the way. The Principal is amazing and welcoming and really I just can't say enough good about this school.

Goethe has great teachers, who go the extra mile. The Principal at Goethe is kind and supportive. The whole community at Goethe really tries to make a difference for their kids. We are glad to be part of the Goethe family.

The school staff cares about their students. Trying to figure out how the CPS system works is daunting but with the help of a caring principal down to it school maintenance staff they are helpful, friendly and committed to the children attending the school. There is also a wonderfully moving parent/support (Friends of Goethe School) organization that raises awareness of the needs the school has and makes opportunities to do something about it. I am so happy that my son landed in this school and has grown to love his school mates and teachers. Two of them in particular stand out. Mrs. Santiago (Room 107) and Mr. Feliciano (Music) have made such a big impact in my sons world. Thank you.

I was a student teacher at Goethe. The caring and supportive atmosphere created for the students by teachers, parents, and the administrations is great. Everyone works together to make sure students get the best education possible.

I belive that Goethe is the best school all the staff is caring loving and understang .The teachers always have great communication with the perants and students.I have graduated from Goethe and my kids are in the school and they enjoy an look forward to go every day.They find themselves vey secure with the staff and they love them all.I so Thankful for the entire staff .Thanks amillion for everything you do

I love everyone I get to spend my days with! The students are really special people with big hearts!

Last modified Goethe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.