Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

My child was diagnosed with high-functioning autism at age eight, and before enrolling him, I met with Goudy's then assistant principal to assure that an IEP was in place. During my boy's time at Goudy, he did not receive accommodations, and his IEP was not honored. Additionally, the school principal and his teacher didn't intervene when he was continuously bullied--although both he and I reported the bullying on several occasions. (Administrators and teachers deny that bullying takes place and fail to admonish those who are accused.) When my son rightfully defended himself, he was blamed and stereotyped. If children have special needs that affect their day-to-day functioning, Goudy is not the place for them. The school does not responsibly mainstream students into general education classrooms and does not offer consistent support. There is also, as at most schools across the United States, a bias against African American students--especially boys. I withdrew my son, enrolled him in a private school, and he is now a thriving high school student.

My daughter is enrolled in this school and I found this school one of the best elementary schools in Chicago. It has a highly dedicated teachers who care a lot for their students. The compound is safe and clean. The quality of education is best as well.

Develops character: Strongly agree

As far as I know, this school is accommodating very diverse students from different family and ethnic backgrounds. Accordingly, I noted that most of the students are very happy how the staff and teachers treated them in a very fair way.

Por el momento estoy feliz con el desarrollo de mi niño en esta escuela , espero que siga mejorando la educación por el bien de nuestro niños

Develops character: Neutral

My daughters loved the school and the teachers but had a horrible time being bullied here , I addressed the principle Pamela and vice principle Mr. Yeh and no help . From August 2014 until June 2015 she was cursed ,pushed , hit until I decided to transfer her. I don't know where these children come from but they have tainted the school indeed. The school gave me a hard time with even looking at evidence from the security camera. I can truly say I'm disappointed in the outcome and hope other kids don't have to go through what my daughter did.

Both my children have come to Goudy just this year, from a private Catholic school. The school staff and learning environment are top-notch. The quality of education and exposure to technology, along with fostering a thirst for knowledge and exploration, make this a good environment for learning. It is an urban environment, which we love. Which is to say, there is a beautiful cross-section of people and cultures represented within the student body. If you are more comfortable in a homogenous world, maybe this school would push you beyond your comfort zone. But we love seeing our children prosper and grow, prepared for the world and making friends without consideration of color or culture. Goudy strives to educate children who are well-prepared for a competitive, diverse world. They are honest, fair, and truly committed to their students.

This School is very great. There Principle 's are very nice and respectful. There students are very respectful. There teachers teach there Students very great,they work hard to get the best of them. They have athletic,smart and healthy students. They are a big school. This School is very lucky because,they have many different race of kids. This School is the best elementary school I have ever seen.

You should check out community first, like any public school, this is who they cater to in terms of educating children. Then get to know better yet observe administrators, my experience not as bad as most,but definately in need of change of those in charge. They are not advocates of parental involvement and will treat your child based on sterio types and their (administrators) previous school experiences,which are for the most part, not very positive; sure most have been the the public school system for decades, the question is job security vs positive experiences vs dedication to ALL children. I think the 5 star rating is a result of most of them writing their own reviews!

A very diverse school with Asians, Hispanics, Blacks, White. Atmosphere is very family-like and welcoming. I transferred in to the school in late 2004 in 3rd grade; 8th grade graduate (class of 2010 :P). The school has so much to offer. They have built a big field for students' convenience where the school parking lot once was located, and has been there for 2-3 years now I believe. They tore down the old Jose Marti building and transformed it into a parking lot for teachers. There is also a school garden in which the students participate in and help create in the plan of going green. The school offers a variety of programs, such as football, boys' & girls' soccer, girl's volleyball, boys' basketball, cheerleading, cross-country & track&field, science club, chess club, student council, book club (Battle of the Books) etc. Technology is outstanding -- computers, laptops, & Smart Boards. Etc.

its really good school and good teachers

Last modified Goudy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.