Bad
Good

Develops character: Agree

Greeley has amazing staff members and some great teachers. My 13 yrs old and 8 yr old have been in his school for last three years. Excellent teachers, great guidence and never a dull moment for my kids. When my boys come home all they talk about is how they had a great day at their school and how helpful loving and caring all the teachers are at Greeley. Will definitely recommend this school for your kids. Thank you Greeley for being wonderful school to my kids.

Greeley is an amazing school. The principal, office staff & teachers are the friendliest, most caring I have met at any of the Chicago public schools. They genuinely care about each & every student. My son has attended preK for 2yrs and I am choosing to send him there for K also. The school is predominately hispanic, but filled with diversity which I love (I am an English-speaking caucasian parent). They teach appreciation for all cultures and have 'international night' displaying student talent & diversity. Within my son's preK we have made lasting friends with students from Ethiopia, Japan, the Philippines, Eritrea, Saudi Arabia, India, Romania, Mexico, etc. I would not have chosen a diff preK experience for him at all. All the children learn Spanish, even preK (unlike other schools where they only have foreign language for gifted student classrooms). The school takes care in selecting teachers, they actively involve parents (family literacy night, art, & Olympic math night). I highly recommend this school. Although there are other options in the neighborhood, (Disney magnet school), I did not like that school at all and would choose to send my child to Greeley.

I thought this website was only for GREAT schools. I am not sure as to what Greeley is doing on this website. The good reviews were probably an assignment for students or just written from teachers who work their to promote the school as they've done when i attended the school.

Greeley is a great school.the teachers are very dedicated and really care about the students. My daughter's love the school and there teachers. My new born will definitely attend Greeley in the future.

Greeley is a great school. I am a graduating student of 2013-2014 school year. I am pleasantly surprised to know that Greeley keeps adding new Extra-curricular activities! This school is unique, I took algebra 1 in 7th grade and will take algebra 2+ this year, those classes are typically taken in high-school! My experience here at Greeley has been thoroughly enjoyable.

Greeley is great and getting better. It is one of the best on the North side. It is a wonderful option for a neighborhood public school. The staff is dedicated, creative and hard working. The principal is committed to enriching the community feel of the building and to student achievement. Greeley is a fantastic choice.

My daughter is in prek at Greeley and I have been very impressed with the curriculum, her teacher, and the principal. Greeley has good test scores - comparable to Nettelhorst and Disney (see the CPS website). Organized parent involvement has been lacking, but it is in the works and encouraged by the principal. Greeley is a great (albeit lesser known) educational option on the north side.

I love this school, it has really been a great experience from day one. The principal is great along with all the school staff they are always caring and always greet you with a smile. This is my kids first year at Greeley, my daughter was nervous at first but is now very happy at the her new school. seriously all these teacher are great. Even though Great Schools have rated Greeley at a 5 I truly believe they should update cause it's not giving Greeley half the credit.

I love the school, they are friendly, inviting, and dedicated to helping our children succeed. I especially love the ladies in the office, they are wonderful. Although, Greeley lacks after school programs as well as a good art/ music program; it seems that their main focus is the Spanish programs. I would like to see Greeley explore their options and give the kids an opportunity to join an Athletics team or band.

Last modified Greeley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.