Chicago, IL
Students enrolled: 1,274

Haugan Elementary School 1

Posted October 06, 2014
It sucks there is horrible food lots of stuff that needs to be fixed and lots of children who curse
2 people found this helpful

Haugan Elementary School 2

Posted July 22, 2013
I have horrible experience with Haugan elementary school.I have 2 children going there .older is going to be in3rd grade and younger in 1st grade.when she was in K garten last year her teacher ignore her while she was needing to go potty and just have her sit wet for rest of the day not even contacted me so I could bring dry cloths.It was winter and she was walked to after school all wet.....My older one had bad experience in first grade bullied by 3 rd grader and 2 nd year she was around worse behaving kids.she got slept in her face so hard from big boy who is taking medications to help him with his agressive behavior.no one ever apologized to us and her teacher didn't give us final report card saying she didn't return book and is asking my daughter for 25.00 or no report card!we never even had the book.the outside area on playground is very unsafe due to a on even ground.I am seeking different school.please help.where do I go make complain?

Haugan Elementary School 4

Posted December 16, 2008
Haugan has a really good gifted program. My daughters are going there.1st and PK. Their teachers are excellent. I don't know about the others, and the new principal is good, I think it is getting better

Posted October 20, 2005
Haugan has been a school of utmost quality. The teachers are caring and always willing to work to meet the needs of the children. I have a fourth grade daughter there and have learned that she is doing well because of her teachers.

Haugan Elementary School 4

Posted August 11, 2005
In my experience, this school has a wonderful gifted program. The teachers are dedicated and let parents know what's going on in the classroom. Starting this year, Haugan no longer is Pre-K to 8, it is Pre-K to 6th, due to the middle school that was built two blocks away. Where I feel the school is lacking is in extracurriculars and technology. Sometimes my children would have a paper due that had to be done on a word processor. That was fine for us, as we have a computer and printer. Some of my children's friends didn't, though, and the school didn't offer students much of a chance to complete their assignments using the school's computers and printers. (Not a good situation if the teacher requires assignments to be word processed and printed out.)

Posted January 22, 2005
During the time i was in thi school, i loved it. I dont know what these people are saying about the teachers, because they were all awesome. In all my eight years of elementary school this was the best one. The teachers are always involved. There are more sports and extracurricular activities here then anywhere else.

Haugan Elementary School 3

Posted September 11, 2004
How can parents say this is a good school? 12.3% of the teachers are not even qualified to teach these children. Do you want your child in that teacher's classroom. I don't. What is wrong with the chicago public schools that they even allow them to teach in the first place. What is your child going to learn?

Haugan Elementary School 2

Posted September 11, 2004
How can parents say this is a good school 12.3% of the teachers are not even qualified to teach these children. Do you want your child in that teacher's classroom. I don't. What is wrong with the chicago public schools that they even allow them to teach in the first place. What is your child going to learn?

Posted May 14, 2004
Haugan Elementary School is a wonderful school. The activities are sports and homework help. I think that the homework help program is a great after-school activity because it's especially for children that need extra help with any schoolwork, and it's very important for kids everywhere to understand their studies and not get left behind. And the sport activities are good also because it's just what kid's that have nothing to do after school need. And it also keeps them moving and in shape. Of course, there is also pajama-day, crazy-hair day, twin day, bear's day, and much more! And for the students, it's always a lot better to go to a school that is strict but not too strict so that the children can enjoy it. And when you enjoy something you do a lot better on it and will succeed!

Posted January 10, 2004
Haugan schoool is a great school. Teachers are great and they always know the way to make learning fun for the children. Haugan school also has lots of extracurricular activities they include: sports like basketball, cheerleading soccer also chorus, homework help and lots other. Im a student in Haugan school and I highly recommend it.

Haugan Elementary School
4540 North Hamlin Avenue, Chicago, IL  60625
Last modified Haugan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Haugan Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top