Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

As you can see, the reviews are worse the farther back into time you go. When Hearst Elementary acquired their new principal Mrs. Chrobak, everything turned around. The building is much more lively, clean, and welcoming. She is a tough principal on both the staff and the students, but she respects everyone, and works to bring out the best in everyone. She was truly a blessing to the school, and it is now a school quickly on the rise! Although more community activity and support could help the school, everyone there is doing a good job nonetheless! The school's test sores have improved dramatically, and the children seem much happier to be in the school. I hope Mrs. Chrobak stays for much longer and helps the school even more!

As a teacher at Hearst School, I am thrilled to be a part of a school that is growing through innovative techniques set forth by the administration. It is a great working environment where teachers collaborate and expect the best from their students. The new administration has recently brought Hearst from a level 1 to a level 2 school. I feel that Hearst’s greatest strength is that the staff works together just like family and is dedicated to their profession.

As a longtime community member I watched as a once great and proud school fell into despair and decline. It was sad to see. Two years ago a new principal ( Mrs. Chrobak) was selected under some controversy. At the time I disagreed with the selection, but I can now tell you BEST MOVE EVER! Hearst is a school on the rise. Before Mrs. Chrobak came, walking in to the school was like walking into a dungeon the halls were dark and cluttered Student and teacher faces and moods reflected the look. Now walk in and there is a brightness and vibrancy. Students and teachers are much happier and it shows. Performance is on the rise and all is looking up at Hearst. Mrs. Chrobak is tough but loving. She described herself as firm but fair in those early days and it was the truth.

We are doing amazing things at Hearst! Come to visit us and take a school tour to see for yourself. I am proud to be a part of this school and community. Don't have time for a tour? Check out the website and the latest data for Hearst! We are out scoring the Academy for Global Citizenship Charter in all academic areas. Not an easy climb up from 8 + years on probation. Thank you Principal Chrobak!!! Our school is back on track. Go Warriors!

This school has most definitely improved in the past 2 years all thanks to a dedicated principal, wonderful staff and a community dedicated to progress. If their dedication continues this school is on track to becoming one of the best in Chicago's southwest side

Don't send your kids to this school!! You will regret it! A lot of bullying and the kids are always swearing around the teachers and disrespecting them. My kids were there for a year, the worst year for my kids education. Some teachers seem to care and some don't care at all! Worst school!!!!!!

It is very easy to sit back and talk and talk about likes and dislikes and make judgement on others. Most times all it takes is one person to make a great difference. There is a Local School Council at Hearst that is working hard to do just that making the difference, the positive change not for the community or the parents at large, but for each and every student at Hearst.. Hearst and its; Local School Council needs more parents and community members to come to their monthly LSC meetings with the first being Sept. 18, 2014, 5:30 PM at the school and voice your concerns, subjection to come up with positive simulations that will help the school and it's students. The school needs parents and community members volunteers if only for 2 hours a week or month. Lets stop talking about whats wrong and work together as a team for the successful benefit of our students. What has been said about our students could very well be said by many of our parents within and without of the school building, what standards are we really teaching those who are our sons and daughters or the community youth? Why are they acting this way? The new principal is a great lady trying very hard.

Worst school ever!!! The students are rude, to everybody including the parents. The teachers are lazy, they let their students do what ever they want. There is no good supervision. I am a parent and I have experienced a lot of bullying, horrible language in that school. Also the bus drivers who are in charge of picking up the children with disabilities are always smoking outside the school and outside the bus. Like I said before worst school ever, I am definitely not leaving my child there. I wish that someone could go and supervise the school.

My son is in a special class because he has a speech delay. and so the teacher NEVER let's me know how he's doing in class . Also one of the teaches aid is very rude . How am i supposed to know what he is doing in class or what i need to work with him at home?

My child has been being bullied at this school over a year, Jeffrey Porter (the principal) will not do anything about it but give me the run around & point blame at others instead of taking action or even attempting to stop this.he won't even return my calls

Last modified Hearst Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.