Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son use to attend Hearst Elementary as of November 15,16 The second week of school my son would say there was a boy who kept hitting and kicking him. As I would complain to the teacher, she said she would handle it. As weeks past I hear other Parents complain to the teacher. Again the teacher would say she was going to write him up and have a talk with the child. Seeing this little boy walk up to a little girl and just kick her for no reason,instantly upset me!!I just went to speak to the principle. She seemed concerned said she would talk w my son and the other little boy. Still the boy was continuing to hit and kick. So on the 15 of November while I'm waiting for my son to come out of school I see a bandaid on his eye brow The teacher said she didn't know exactly what happened but my son had explained that they were getting ready to go home, getting their things out of the locker. My son said the little boy called his name and he looked the little boys way, the little boy slammed the locker door in my sons face and ran! I'm so pisssd !!!! I go to speak to the principle once again! So as I let her know what happened. She said that theres a process in the way they handle things at Hearst! I disagree that handling a bully takes more than ten weeks! It should have been nipped in the butt asap! If this child has behavioral issues he should have an aid with him. There is no excuse that my son should walk around being bullied and now with a bruised eye! #Rant #AngryMother

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

IMG_0239.PNG all I hear is there's a process! A process should never take more than 10 weeks to handle!

As you can see, the reviews are worse the farther back into time you go. When Hearst Elementary acquired their new principal Mrs. Chrobak, everything turned around. The building is much more lively, clean, and welcoming. She is a tough principal on both the staff and the students, but she respects everyone, and works to bring out the best in everyone. She was truly a blessing to the school, and it is now a school quickly on the rise! Although more community activity and support could help the school, everyone there is doing a good job nonetheless! The school's test sores have improved dramatically, and the children seem much happier to be in the school. I hope Mrs. Chrobak stays for much longer and helps the school even more!

As a teacher at Hearst School, I am thrilled to be a part of a school that is growing through innovative techniques set forth by the administration. It is a great working environment where teachers collaborate and expect the best from their students. The new administration has recently brought Hearst from a level 1 to a level 2 school. I feel that Hearst’s greatest strength is that the staff works together just like family and is dedicated to their profession.

As a longtime community member I watched as a once great and proud school fell into despair and decline. It was sad to see. Two years ago a new principal ( Mrs. Chrobak) was selected under some controversy. At the time I disagreed with the selection, but I can now tell you BEST MOVE EVER! Hearst is a school on the rise. Before Mrs. Chrobak came, walking in to the school was like walking into a dungeon the halls were dark and cluttered Student and teacher faces and moods reflected the look. Now walk in and there is a brightness and vibrancy. Students and teachers are much happier and it shows. Performance is on the rise and all is looking up at Hearst. Mrs. Chrobak is tough but loving. She described herself as firm but fair in those early days and it was the truth.

We are doing amazing things at Hearst! Come to visit us and take a school tour to see for yourself. I am proud to be a part of this school and community. Don't have time for a tour? Check out the website and the latest data for Hearst! We are out scoring the Academy for Global Citizenship Charter in all academic areas. Not an easy climb up from 8 + years on probation. Thank you Principal Chrobak!!! Our school is back on track. Go Warriors!

This school has most definitely improved in the past 2 years all thanks to a dedicated principal, wonderful staff and a community dedicated to progress. If their dedication continues this school is on track to becoming one of the best in Chicago's southwest side

Don't send your kids to this school!! You will regret it! A lot of bullying and the kids are always swearing around the teachers and disrespecting them. My kids were there for a year, the worst year for my kids education. Some teachers seem to care and some don't care at all! Worst school!!!!!!

It is very easy to sit back and talk and talk about likes and dislikes and make judgement on others. Most times all it takes is one person to make a great difference. There is a Local School Council at Hearst that is working hard to do just that making the difference, the positive change not for the community or the parents at large, but for each and every student at Hearst.. Hearst and its; Local School Council needs more parents and community members to come to their monthly LSC meetings with the first being Sept. 18, 2014, 5:30 PM at the school and voice your concerns, subjection to come up with positive simulations that will help the school and it's students. The school needs parents and community members volunteers if only for 2 hours a week or month. Lets stop talking about whats wrong and work together as a team for the successful benefit of our students. What has been said about our students could very well be said by many of our parents within and without of the school building, what standards are we really teaching those who are our sons and daughters or the community youth? Why are they acting this way? The new principal is a great lady trying very hard.

Worst school ever!!! The students are rude, to everybody including the parents. The teachers are lazy, they let their students do what ever they want. There is no good supervision. I am a parent and I have experienced a lot of bullying, horrible language in that school. Also the bus drivers who are in charge of picking up the children with disabilities are always smoking outside the school and outside the bus. Like I said before worst school ever, I am definitely not leaving my child there. I wish that someone could go and supervise the school.

Last modified Hearst Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.