Hearst Elementary School 4

Posted July 27, 2014
It is very easy to sit back and talk and talk about likes and dislikes and make judgement on others. Most times all it takes is one person to make a great difference. There is a Local School Council at Hearst that is working hard to do just that making the difference, the positive change not for the community or the parents at large, but for each and every student at Hearst.. Hearst and its; Local School Council needs more parents and community members to come to their monthly LSC meetings with the first being Sept. 18, 2014, 5:30 PM at the school and voice your concerns, subjection to come up with positive simulations that will help the school and it's students. The school needs parents and community members volunteers if only for 2 hours a week or month. Lets stop talking about whats wrong and work together as a team for the successful benefit of our students. What has been said about our students could very well be said by many of our parents within and without of the school building, what standards are we really teaching those who are our sons and daughters or the community youth? Why are they acting this way? The new principal is a great lady trying very hard.

Posted June 03, 2014
Worst school ever!!! The students are rude, to everybody including the parents. The teachers are lazy, they let their students do what ever they want. There is no good supervision. I am a parent and I have experienced a lot of bullying, horrible language in that school. Also the bus drivers who are in charge of picking up the children with disabilities are always smoking outside the school and outside the bus. Like I said before worst school ever, I am definitely not leaving my child there. I wish that someone could go and supervise the school.

Hearst Elementary School 4

Posted August 03, 2013
My school is Hearst. As an active member of the community I was curious about the new Principal ( Mrs. Chrobak) at Hearst Elementary. After years of neglect there appears to be a change happening. Mrs. Chrobak has visited homes in the community to introduce herself. She has already made an impression on the students who have attended summer programs and summer school they have told me how nice she was to them and the older kids appreciate the way she talks to them with respect. I can't wait to meet her she sounds young, energetic and no nonsense. I. Believe exciting times are ahead for Hearst. Keep your eyes and ears open.

Posted January 22, 2013
My son is in a special class because he has a speech delay. and so the teacher NEVER let's me know how he's doing in class . Also one of the teaches aid is very rude . How am i supposed to know what he is doing in class or what i need to work with him at home?

Posted May 07, 2012
My child has been being bullied at this school over a year, Jeffrey Porter (the principal) will not do anything about it but give me the run around & point blame at others instead of taking action or even attempting to stop this.he won't even return my calls

Posted March 01, 2011
DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT allow your children to go here... YOULL be VERY VERY sorry!!!! Its a very violent school and filled with degeneration!

Posted December 29, 2008

Hearst Elementary School 3

Posted September 11, 2008
I am the guilty one for writting the review in 2005 and gave the school 3 stars. It was good back then, now you can forget about it. The administration starting with the principal need some discipline. The school is out of control. I will do what i have to, to pay and take my children somewhere else than keep them there. This school needs major help.

Hearst Elementary School 5

Posted May 08, 2008

Hearst Elementary School 0

Posted April 03, 2008
I am going to rate the school better than a teacher thatis bad to say, I hope my child is not in his or her room because they would learn anything. I will say that discipline is a problem and some parents should discipline the children and become supportive in the school and be part of the solution if not they are part of the problem.

Hearst Elementary School
4640 South Lamon Avenue, Chicago, IL  60638
Last modified Hearst Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hearst Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top