Bad
Good

Posted December 02, 2015
I have been here from Pre-school to Fourth Grade. My name was Viet Phan. I transferred after fourth grade, but it was an excellent school.

Posted August 02, 2015
My daughter went here, was very happy, and got into a selective enrollment high school.

Posted November 24, 2014
The old complaints regarding the principal, no longer apply. Middle of last year Hitch received the most amazing principal~! He truly cares. Listens to parents and makes time for any concern. He takes very seriously the ultimate goal of the children receiving a good education. I had nothing but horrible experiences with the other principal. Horrible. The other reviews stating high quality of education, had to be mostly from parents educated here. Perhaps never in the system before, with nothing to compare Hitch too. Pay attention to what they are not learning~!!!!

Hitch Elementary School 3

Posted April 17, 2014
Goo school so far my daughter is only in Pre-K and I like the way they inform me about school activities and school academics also the teachers keeps me updated and always reply to my emails.

Posted January 24, 2014
this school is getting lower and lower.Teachers are losing their interest in teaching .Efficiency is gone from school teachers.Kids doesn't want to go to school because of their behavior.

Hitch Elementary School 3

Posted August 24, 2013
I am not sure where they are getting 20 children per teacher. This school is drastically overcrowded and relief does not seem to be in sight. The teachers are great but the class sizes are outrageous.

Posted August 23, 2013
Horrible leadership....the principal did nothing when I complained multiple times about teacher neglect and staff issues...My children and I moved out of the neighborhood so I didn't have to send them,,,Trust me folks....there is a reason Hitch has a bad reputation in this neighborhood.

Posted November 01, 2011
We are new to Hitch, my son just started Kindergarten and we are very pleased. My son loves his new school. I do feel that that a 5 is way to low. I did my research before we started here and I am happy with my decision.

Posted May 19, 2011
5 are you kidding! My son has attended for 7 years. He is an honor roll student and it is all due to the staff and principal! There are over 14 afterschool activities, tutors available in the morning, open door policy with the principal(Ms. Reese) and a beautiful area for the kids to play. The nearby Catholic school has recess in the street. They don't even have a playground. We have a running track , field and playground area. The curriculum is always changing to enhance the students abilities and I feel very lucky to have my child be a Hitch Husky!

Posted September 30, 2009
My children have been attending Hitch for most of their school' years. The Hitch family cares for their students. I am impressed with the principle, Ms Reese takes great measures for the continued success of the school. If your child has a chance to attend Hitch that is truly a blessing.

Hitch Elementary School
5625 North Mcvicker Ave, Chicago, IL  60646
Last modified Hitch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.